NBN battery

SOLVED Go to solution
AveryHilditch
Level 2

I replaced my NBN battery at around 215 this afternoon following the instructions in the NBN Co manual at https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

Everything was fine until around 815 pm when the battery box started beeping. There would be 4 beeps, a short pause, 4 more beeps, pause. I silenced it for 24 hours using the method described in the manual.

The manual says that the alarm means the battery is low with <50% remaining and that battery reserve shutdown is imminent.

The system status light is steady green

The battery power light is flashing

The Replace battery light (which had been on all the time prior to replacing the battery) is off

The Alarm silence light is flashing yellow. There have been no audible alarms since I silenced it for 24 hours.

What is going on here? Is there something else I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AveryHilditch
Level 2

I should have said so earlier but I found out that I found the cause of the problem.

I rechecked the installation and when I went to plug it back into the power socket I realised that the power socket on the wall was faulty. I had the socket replaced which solved the problem.

Thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @AveryHilditch ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We recommend to check this article that you may find helpful, this will guide you the step-by-step NBN Battery replacement procedure.

NBN backup battery (Fibre to the Premises Only) 

Let us know how it will go,

Cheers!

@AveryHilditch wrote:

I replaced my NBN battery at around 215 this afternoon following the instructions in the NBN Co manual at https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

Everything was fine until around 815 pm when the battery box started beeping. There would be 4 beeps, a short pause, 4 more beeps, pause. I silenced it for 24 hours using the method described in the manual.

The manual says that the alarm means the battery is low with <50% remaining and that battery reserve shutdown is imminent.

The system status light is steady green

The battery power light is flashing

The Replace battery light (which had been on all the time prior to replacing the battery) is off

The Alarm silence light is flashing yellow. There have been no audible alarms since I silenced it for 24 hours.

What is going on here? Is there something else I need to do?

AveryHilditch
Level 2

I should have said so earlier but I found out that I found the cause of the problem.

I rechecked the installation and when I went to plug it back into the power socket I realised that the power socket on the wall was faulty. I had the socket replaced which solved the problem.

Thank you