TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection box

SuziQ
Level 2
Why isnt there a router device that is combined with the NBN connection box? Surely theres such a thing as a hybrid router device? It seems pretty silly to have to have 2 boxes connecting separately to 2 power outlets just to get wifi!! Can someone explain the technology (or lack there of) to me please?
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @SuziQ,

We did an article that will provide you information about the importance used of the device(s) that needs to be installed on your NBN-HFC service and also give you details on how to set up the devices.

Please visit this link below.

NBN Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (NBN HFC)

SuziQ
Level 2
That information would have been helpful but I cant connect the router to the coaxial socket because the installation technician didn't provide me with the NBN connection box!

And anyway why isnt there a device that incorporates both router AND a NBN connection box? Its ridiculous to have to plug in 2 devices!
Shane

Hi @SuziQ

The NBN Box was not yet installed due to planned remediation date of this order is on the 15th of February advised by NBN Co.

To avoid redundancy and confusion please see my response to your initial post located here NBN connection box.

Please be advised that these equipment(s) are the required for the NBN-HFC connection to work. We will have one of our Provisioning Case Manager contact you with the day.

Regards,