TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection keeps dropping out and is less than 1Mbps connection when it does connect

angellewis
Level 2

I have just connected to TPG today. The guy came out and installed the line this morning.

When it connected at 12noon it was 45Mbps download, from 4pm it dropped to 12Mbps, then 7 a couple of hours ago and now at 9pm it is less than 1 (I am currently tethering to my Telstra Mobile to write this)
Is this how bad it will be? I am now wishing I had stayed with ADSL+ 

I am Coburg, Melbourne.
Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @angellewis

Welcome to the TPG Community! 

Certainly not the feedback we'd like to have coming from a new user of our service. We're here to help! 

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and was able to run some initial tests. I have not seen any fault that can be service affecting but we'll definitely have this checked. 

Were you able to test the speed over LAN/wired connection? 

I would recommend having a read on these articles to see if we are experiencing W-Fi issues:

After checking the articles and there's still no improvement with the speed, we can have our Technical Team to contact and assist you to determine any underlying cause of the issue. Just let us know of your best contact time & number via private message so we can organise a call back to be made. 

Regards,

Ahra_G