TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection on Hold for the next few week? WTF

lr576242
Level 2

TPG advised that all was good to go for NBN installation and connection to the network.on 5 April 2022. 

On the day of the installation, the technician disonnected the copper cables to PSTN and connected to the NBN network. He installed the NBN box and modem. After 30mins he advisied that there was a configuration issue on the NBN side and it would take 24hrs to resolve.  

Received the following info via email from TPG on 7 April 2022 that NBN Co have now advised them that there is a Core Network Shortfall

The most common reasons for this shortfall is the Lead-In Conduit (LIC) which is the underground path where the fibre runs along is damaged, blocked or doesn’t exist. and depending on the complexity of the work required, it may take a few weeks for NBN to schedule and complete the work.

As there has been only ADSL in the area until recently, it is now obvious to me that NBN Co have still not completed the work.

So TPG, what am I supposed to do in the mean time for the next few weeks?? My wife and I both work from home and I have two kids in Uni.

• I have done everything as requested by TPG. 
  • TPG advised that all was good go with NBN connection on 5 April 2022. Based on the information provide by TPG, I arranged to have my existing ADSL service diconnected with my previous service provider a day after the NBN installation.
  • TPG needs to take responsibility for the poor advice supplied and provide an alternative until this issue has been resolved.

Failing which I will take this matter further.

29 Mar 2022 - Signed up for NBN with TPG

30 Mar 2022 - TPG advised via email and TXT that all was good to go and that the NBN Installation would take place on 5 April 2022

5 April 2022 - Technician installs the NBN and Modem 

1 REPLY 1
Shane

We understand the value of being connected to the internet. Core Network Shortfall is Additional work within the NBN network is required to complete your installation. This work can sometimes be complex and requires technician with specific skill set or equipment working across multiple days. Could you send us your details via PM (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). So we can chase this with our NBN provisioning Team.

TPG advised that all was good to go for NBN installation and connection to the network.on 5 April 2022. 

On the day of the installation, the technician disonnected the copper cables to PSTN and connected to the NBN network. He installed the NBN box and modem. After 30mins he advisied that there was a configuration issue on the NBN side and it would take 24hrs to resolve.  

Received the following info via email from TPG on 7 April 2022 that NBN Co have now advised them that there is a Core Network Shortfall

The most common reasons for this shortfall is the Lead-In Conduit (LIC) which is the underground path where the fibre runs along is damaged, blocked or doesn’t exist. and depending on the complexity of the work required, it may take a few weeks for NBN to schedule and complete the work.

As there has been only ADSL in the area until recently, it is now obvious to me that NBN Co have still not completed the work.

So TPG, what am I supposed to do in the mean time for the next few weeks?? My wife and I both work from home and I have two kids in Uni.

• I have done everything as requested by TPG.
  • TPG advised that all was good go with NBN connection on 5 April 2022. Based on the information provide by TPG, I arranged to have my existing ADSL service diconnected with my previous service provider a day after the NBN installation.
  • TPG needs to take responsibility for the poor advice supplied and provide an alternative until this issue has been resolved.

Failing which I will take this matter further.

29 Mar 2022 - Signed up for NBN with TPG

30 Mar 2022 - TPG advised via email and TXT that all was good to go and that the NBN Installation would take place on 5 April 2022

5 April 2022 - Technician installs the NBN and Modem