TPG Community

Get online support

NBN continually dropping out

Wotto
Level 2
I have a FTTN NBN connection which has been continually dropping out every 5 to 10 minutes for the past week or so. I've had a tech out and replaced the cabling from the telstra cable to the phone jack with new cat 6 but the drop outs are still happening. The tech ran tests on the external cabling from where we started the new cable and found no issues. When the drop out happens, the dsl and internet light turn off efore the dsl lightvstarts flashing and comes back on followed by the internet light a few minutes later. Any ideas what could be causing this?
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Wotto ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help see what causing dropouts on the service and get to the bottom of this, send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file to better understand the situation.

In case you need  a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Wotto wrote:
I have a FTTN NBN connection which has been continually dropping out every 5 to 10 minutes for the past week or so. I've had a tech out and replaced the cabling from the telstra cable to the phone jack with new cat 6 but the drop outs are still happening. The tech ran tests on the external cabling from where we started the new cable and found no issues. When the drop out happens, the dsl and internet light turn off efore the dsl lightvstarts flashing and comes back on followed by the internet light a few minutes later. Any ideas what could be causing this?