TPG Community

Get online support

NBN down most of the afternoon

davelgrant
Level 2
NBN connection has been down totally and continually since about 2pm, 24th April. Still down now at 7pm. Please investigate as soon as possible. Really annoying, particularly as uni student son needing the internet to do uni work.
4 REPLIES 4
davelgrant
Level 2
Update. NBN still down this morning (7:30am, 25th April). I know it's Anzac Day, but I hope TPG can get onto this with some haste.
Shane

Hi @davelgrant,

We are sad to know that you're having technical issue today particularly it's Anzac Day. We've seen on your account that you have been in contact with one of our Technical Support.

Based on the initial test result, we have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault. Latest log on file shows that there is an appointment for nbn technician visit is Monday, 29 April 2019, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM.

We apologise for any inconvenience. Let us know should you require further assistance.

davelgrant
Level 2
Shane,

Thank you, yes you're correct. An appointment with NBN tech is set for Monday afternoon - which will be 5 full days before any rectification is possible. While TPG response has been quite reasonable, the same cannot be said of NBN's service. I used TPG's ADSL2 service for a number of years without, to my memory, a single outage. About 10 months into NBN, and this is the third MULTI-DAY OUTAGE. I despair of the future service and I am sympathetic to TPG in having to deal with them.

Time to see what alternatives are available, I think.
Riezl

We know how this can be inconvenient and we sincerely apologise for the trouble this issue is causing you, @davelgrant.

Our Engineering Team identified a fault within the NBN network, thus an NBN technician has been booked to investigate further and the schedule provided is the earliest.

The team is closely monitoring this and the case engineer will contact you as soon as an update regarding the outcome of the technician visit becomes available.

We'll also advise the case engineer to assess a billing adjustment as soon as the issue is resolved.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.