NBN dropping out.

DanCarr
Level 2
Hi, we used to have a problem with our NBN dropping out, a Tpg crew came out and fixed the problem, but the speed dropped from in the 40+mbs to mid 30mbs but it was stable.
Now we are back to it dropping out all the time and when it is connected sometimes we have 30mbs connection sometimes but sometimes it is as slow as 10mbs.

Any ideas why this would happen? It was good a week ago. We are on a 50plan.
8 REPLIES 8
DanCarr
Level 2
Wondering if the router firmware could need an update?
DanCarr
Level 2
This is getting worse dropping out every 30 mins or so sometimes for 5 mins sometimes for 30mins.
Sometimes it fixes itself sometimes I have to reboot the router. Then sometimes a reboot does nothing.

Trying to work from home and can't because everything is online these days.
Can't use tv subscriptions that I'm paying for as it drops out making anything unwatchable.
Riezl

We're sorry to know that your connection is dropping out and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you, @DanCarr.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Riezl

Hi @DanCarr, thanks for providing the account details via PM. We have checked the status of your service and we can see an indication that the connection is dropping out.

We have escalated this to our Engineering Team and the case engineer will contact you via SMS or a phone call to discuss the progression of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @DanCarr, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and an NBN technician has been booked to investigate further.

Our Engineering Team is closely monitoring this and further updates will be provided for additional updates.

DanCarr
Level 2

Hi, @Riezl the tech came out today and has fixed some problems with the line and so far (2hrs) the connection has been stable

I'll keep a close eye on it today and tomorrow and will close this thread if it stays stable for a few days.

On another note, the modem is showing that I have a connection speed of 42mbps out of the max 45mbps but I am only getting 38mbps on the TPG speed test is this normal? I remember the last tech saying that they may have to slow the connection a little to get better stability. 

Riezl

Hi @DanCarr, our Engineering Team is still monitoring the case and the case engineer will be in touch for additional updates.

We have also forwarded your message to the team.

ilissiya
Level 3

Then sometimes a reboot does nothing.

Trying to work from home and can tneb birthday wishes my ip   't because everything is online these days.