TPG Community

Get online support

NBN is UNRELIABLE! It keeps dropping out

buddadude
Level 2

I switched across from Optus cable broadband on Monday to TPG NBN, and I am not happy at all.

With Optus, my connection would drop maybe a couple of time A YEAR.

Since Monday on TPG NBN, the connection drops 6-7 times a DAY.

Not cool TPG, and I am not able to contact your support chat to get it fixed. It always says you are serving other customers. 

If this keeps up, I will be contacting the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman with a complaint and also be looking for a refund.

6 REPLIES 6
nicoleamdur
Level 2
Mine is doing the same. No internet for two days and no amount of resetting is fixing it and cannot get ahold of anyone at tpg to help. I’ll be cancelling if nothing is resolved.
GoingQuackers
Level 2

Agree! My internet keeps dropping out every 2hr! Why is NBN so unreliable??

shaneryans
Level 2

I have the same problem. I subscribed about 11 days ago. According to statistics that i have been collecting at 30 minute intervals, TPG NBN broadband only works 50.32% of the time. Attached is a screenshot.

If anyone is thinking about connecting to TPG please take a look at this graph. This is the performance you can expect. When it works its great but as you can see it constantly drops out. Usually the black box has to be restarted to get it working again but often that doesn't actually even work. I'm not sure what the problem is.

TPG -- please explain? I think it's obvious i will not be paying you this month.

RajenS

Hi @buddadude 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

RajenS

Hi @shaneryans 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

RajenS

Hi
I can see you are on HFC, and there are only three Major chances to drop Connections. 

As TPG is carrier Company we don't get bandit issues, 

1- NBN network issue (NTD, Physical cabling, etc)
2 Router
3- Cables from the router to NTD ( Lan Cable)

So can you please monitor the line, when you see disconnection, please tell me how many lights on NBN NTD
So we can investigate on the correct direction 

Thanks
Rajen