TPG Community

Get online support

NBN is dropping out constantly

nicoloco
Level 2

my bad ... it seems the app is even worse than what I thought ... 

When the connection is bad enough for lon enough it just sayd network error instead of saying that the test is failed

Laughable ...

Screenshot_20200507-112250_TPG.jpg

nicoloco
Level 2

one last message, i am advised now that it could come from the modem and that TPG will send me a new one

What are the odds that my modem is working perfectly from 5pm to 10am and that between 10am and 5pm it only works let's say 50% of the time ?

How a disfunctioning modem could get 46MBps/s download and 15MPBs upload at certain time and still be the culprit ?

It sounds like a way to make me wait a bit more and waste my time, any idea how a new modem could help me in my case ?

nicoloco
Level 2

just for information, new modem received and not much changes in my network

I still ahve issues from 9ish to 12ih and from 3ish to 5ish with internet dropping every now and then.

By the sounds of it, it seems that TPG finds it normal to have this kind of issue where you have to try couple of times to reach www.google.com before you can access it ...

JayeshP9

Hi nicoloco,

I have performed tests from TPG network and nbn network,  Based on  test already Connected for: 5d 3h 23m and nbn network also showing same result. I haven't seen any dropout though nbn network as well. I suspect  possible issue coming from end user devices or application. 

Regards

JayeshP9

nicoloco
Level 2

Hi,

When I plugged my laptop to the TPG modem by ethernet and I launch the diagnostic of the tpg modem and it says it is disconnected, what kind of issues you think it could be ?
At the same time I try to reach Google and it times out.
And it is the same for our 2 phones and 4 laptops...

I would be interested to understand how you check the connection on your side ? What are the criteria ? If my modem takes 30 secondes to respond, do you say that the network is still working because it replied ?

Regards