TPG Community

Get online support

NBN outage for the past 2-3 days.

catan
Level 3

Hi there. I have another outage, I think the sixth or seventh in the past year or so. It's on intermittently for about two hours a day and then connection is lost.

Same issue as always, can't establish DSL connection. Have tried all usual steps.

Info can be gathered through my previous posts/username.

Cheers. 

SK.

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @catan

I've managed to run remote tests and it shows that your internet is now working for more than a day. 

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

It is best to contact our Helpdesk when you are experiencing the issue in order for their team to assist you, conduct real-time testing and perform troubleshooting along with you. 

You may contact them on this number: NBN 1300 997 271

Regards,

Ahra_G

catan
Level 3
Still having the issue with drop outs. As I said, this has been happening for ages. Just check my post history for the exact same issue over two to three years now. As I also mentioned in this thread and in every single other thread I've made about this exact same issue, I've done everything from my end. Wired, wireless, changed wireless channel, changed from 2.4 to 5. Tried different cables. Tried different modems. Soft reset. Hard reset. Factory reset.

I'm not going to call the helpline and spend my time on hold when I know that you can send my enquiries straight to the relevant team.

It's getting tiring coming back on here to say the exact same thing Every. Single. Time.

Would be good to actually get the team to permanently fix the issue.
Shane

Hi @catan,

Thanks for the additional details, shoot me your best contact number and preferred time, I will have one of our Technicians call you for real-time test and investigation.

Here is how, How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Still having the issue with drop outs. As I said, this has been happening for ages. Just check my post history for the exact same issue over two to three years now. As I also mentioned in this thread and in every single other thread I've made about this exact same issue, I've done everything from my end. Wired, wireless, changed wireless channel, changed from 2.4 to 5. Tried different cables. Tried different modems. Soft reset. Hard reset. Factory reset.

I'm not going to call the helpline and spend my time on hold when I know that you can send my enquiries straight to the relevant team.

It's getting tiring coming back on here to say the exact same thing Every. Single. Time.

Would be good to actually get the team to permanently fix the issue.