TPG Community

Get online support

NBN same speed after upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
LegendLength
Level 2

I just upgraded from the 25 mb/s plan to the 40 mb/s .  But speed test is only showing 28 mb/s download and 5 mb/s upload.  Basically what i had before the plan upgrade.

Modem is a HG659 and reports good numbers for actual line speed: 38 mb/s download, 15 mb/s upload.  Attenuation seems fine.

I tested using LAN connection to router, no improvement.  Tried 5g using my iphone but still the same numbers.

I wonder if it just takes time for the actual upgrade to start?   I got an email a few hours ago saying "TPG NBN Plan Change Completed", and after resetting modem i can see it's connected at a higher rate now.  Just can't work out why i'm getting low numbers in speed test (and regular downloads etc..).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @LegendLength 

Thanks for your PM. I have requested for our Helpdesk Team to investigate and requested for someone to call you back later on today.

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KarlB

Hi @LegendLength 

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @LegendLength 

Thanks for your PM. I have requested for our Helpdesk Team to investigate and requested for someone to call you back later on today.

Regards,

Karl

LegendLength
Level 2

Thanks they fixed it.  Modem just needed factory reset.

KarlB

Hi @LegendLength 

Glad it was a simple fix. Cheers for the update.

Regards,

Karl