TPG Community

Get online support

NBN100 FTTB Dropping and <2Mbs when connected

schwarzenholz
Level 2

Sooooo.....super unimpressed with NBN and TPG.

My apartment building in inner Melbourne has been enabled for NBN recently with FTTB and I have been connected for about a month. It wasn't bad at first, but now I have been experiencing days of the service dropping out and ranging between 1-5Mbs in the short periods is it is up.

Have tried everything including restarting the modem and all other sh!t the house - I've worked in the tech sector for decades so know my way around comms tech and am positive it's nothing in the apartment or any of the router config (nothing has been changed).

I am really f@cking disappointed with myself for jumping on the bandwagon of the half-arse broadband solution this backwater country and its points-scoring governments have slapped together - should have stayed with ADSL - Even at 12mbs it was at least reliable.

Also disappointed for going with TPG - I recall in the early 2000s these guys were great and groud-breaking with their offerings - now they are obviously have become just another bulk distributor providing the lowest cost options for support under their obligations.

***Postscript*** After sitting on hold to TPG phone support for 30 minutes, some offshore minion finally answered then pretended to not be able to hear me and promptly dropped the call - I am absolutely seething with fury right now and will be contacting the ACCC over this crap service.

3 REPLIES 3
schwarzenholz
Level 2

Here is another speed test - 1Mbs down but 10mbs up - more proof something is wrong at the node or further along the TPG/NBN line

Riezl

Hi @schwarzenholz, we're sorry to know that you're having issues with the speed and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

We value you as our customer and we'd like to check what can be done to turn this experience around.

We have located the account using your community details. It's very strange that you're only getting this speed as we do not see any issues with the line or network at the moment.

We'd like to look into this and help resolve the issue.

We have escalated your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team and you will be contacted via email or phone call by one of our Complaints Resolution Case Managers to discuss the progression of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number/email address, please send it via PM.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Riezl

Hi @schwarzenholz, we can see that our Complaints Resolution Team has been in touch and they have advised you that your concern has been raised to our Engineering Team.

The team is closely monitoring your case and they will contact you as soon as a new update becomes available.

Should you have further queries, you can contact the Complaints Resolution Case Manager directly via return mail.