TPG Community

Get online support

NBN100 daily dropouts

SOLVED Go to solution
Juliusz
Level 3

Hello there,

I've got NBN100 and it's pretty much useless for working, development, db management, connection to remote machines, streaming, gaming... basically 95% of what internet is used for. The reason being the unstability of the connection - usually the connection drops daily around every 1-2 hours breaking all the ongoing connections and killing all remote sessions. It lasts for couple of minutes and the connection is back.

Mostly it's the Archer VR1600v router provided by TPG but sometimes the black NBN modem also regularly shows lack of NBN connection.

I tried multpile solutions (check out the links below) and nothing helped. Restarting the Archer router sometimes helps so I set up automatic reboots and scheduled reboots but it didn't really help. And I should be forced to restart my routert 10 time a day, should I?

Changinch wifi channels and jumping from 2.4g to 5g also did nothing.

At the moment I'm just waiting for the contract to finish as my mobile Optus connection is more stable and useful then the NBN100 broadband. Sad and irritating at the same time.

And what a suprise, I just lost connection while writing a complaint about internet dropouts and after restarting the router I get the following message:

Cool, right? Had to sign out and in and create the post again.

(screenshot attached)

Help would be welcome but at this point I've already lost hours on trying to fix this and digging through multiple forums. I can't imagine a solution that wouldn't waste more of my time :/

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn/problems_connect_internet_nbn

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Wireless-Channel-on-your-modem-what-is-it-and-why...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @ Juliusz , we can see that an NBN technician went out and fixed the issue. We have checked the status of your connection and it shows stable for more than a day now.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

View solution in original post

Juliusz
Level 3

Latest Update:

TPG staff called me a day after my first post and asked about some details regarding the outages.

Then they suggested booking a visit of a technician from NBN and set up the visit on my behalf.

The technician bloke came by on Saturday, and although I was not home, he did something and then send me a message that the connection has been fixed and should be stable.

And yeah - the connection really seems a looot better. Had maybe one short outage since then.

The guy was a magicias - he fixed it without coming in or looking at the modem/router.

Finally, thanks to guys at TPG. Good and quick support.

I could have complained earlier and save mysefl some nerves.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Juliusz
Level 3

Just an update:

Today (11/03/2020) I had at least 3 dropouts:

- one caused probably by the NBN provider, as black box "online" led was flashing,

- two caused by Archer router, indicated by "Internet" led turning off

And I say "at least 3" as I used TPG overall for less then one hour today. The rest I spend working on my mobile data.

Riezl

Hi @ Juliusz , we can see that an NBN technician went out and fixed the issue. We have checked the status of your connection and it shows stable for more than a day now.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Juliusz
Level 3

Latest Update:

TPG staff called me a day after my first post and asked about some details regarding the outages.

Then they suggested booking a visit of a technician from NBN and set up the visit on my behalf.

The technician bloke came by on Saturday, and although I was not home, he did something and then send me a message that the connection has been fixed and should be stable.

And yeah - the connection really seems a looot better. Had maybe one short outage since then.

The guy was a magicias - he fixed it without coming in or looking at the modem/router.

Finally, thanks to guys at TPG. Good and quick support.

I could have complained earlier and save mysefl some nerves.