TPG Community

Get online support

NO ONE has a clue - TPG blames others (NBN) for their incompetency

Indonemesis
Level 2
Hi,

I was with TPG at my previous address Oxley PArk.

When I moved to Gelndenning, I changed to Superloop, and then last week I change provider to AGL, which took overnight to switch over, no hassle.

I then wanted to go back with TPG, I called TPG on Friday 29/11/2021. Since then, I have no internet and have to use my hotspot so I can do my work and use for the TV for the kids. You guys tell me it would take 24-48 hours, why the big difference in service? AGL only needed 9-10hours and they did it overnight so I don't get interruptions.

I don't know what seems to be the problem, the NBN is already working from superloop and then AGL, when I came to you guys "TPG"  you said it would be 24-48hours, other ISP took less then 12 hours. 

Then, I had to chase you  guys up couple of times and in the end just to tell me  my NBN is not working. what did you guys do? what happened? You said you get someone here to install or work on the NBN.

NBN guy called and I couldnt see him around, he said he is waiting. You want to know why? you guys gave him my previou address at Oxley Park not the new address one in Glendenning.

He said for me to call you guys and rebook at the correct address.

Whats happening to you guys? I remember in the mid 2000's when you guys were starting off and really good.

At this stage I dont want to contact the Telecommunication Industry Omburdsman, I will try to resovle this issue with you in a timely manner, which you have caused for me.

I have nothing more to say. but please fix my issue.

Thank you 
That email I sent this morning 3/11/2021, this afternoon I called TPG said they are waiting on confirmation from NBN on the remote configuration to complete. (this is because I have NBN already setup  like I said earlier)
This would have been avoided if you guys were listening, that I already have NBN setup in my current address and this would have been done on Friday

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @Indonemesis

We appreciate you raising this concern to us. We're sorry to learn about your recent experience; hopefully we can turn it around.

NBN installation can generally take 10 working days however, we still provide a timeframe of 2-30 working days as there are different service class types for the NBN technology. As you are aware, NBN Co is the wholesale provider of NBN services therefore, ISPs are subjected to their connection timeframe as well as scheduling and they accept requests in the order they are received. 

I've found your account using your Community details and having had a look on the recent update, the issue is now raised to NBN Co. 

A Complaints Resolution Case Manager will be assigned as a sole point of contact and will be in touch with you to work towards a resolution. Kindly await feedback via phone call or SMS. 

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G