TPG Community

Get online support

New FTTC connection - account not active

SOLVED Go to solution
Keithdou
Level 2

I received my NBN NCD and modem today.  I connected everything up, all the lights that should be on are on, and when I connect directly to the modem the status page shows ‘internet connected’.   However, I am unable to access any internet sites from a direct connection and wifi connections return an error telling me to wait at least 30 minutes and try again.  It’s been 5 hours so far, with a couple of reboots in between.  I assume some other step needs to be completed to activate the account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @Keithdou

Welcome to the Community!

I was able to pull up your account using your community details. Based on the tests I've performed, both your NBN box and modem are functioning. However, it seems like the modem was not able to automatically configure on its own. To get your service working, the modem will require manual configuration at this point.

I have requested for a Senior Technician to call and assist you in configuring your modem. Please expect a call before 3PM QLD today on the mobile number we have on file.

If you wish to provide a different contact number or have a preferred call back time frame, you may send me a PM so I can forward it. For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Keithdou
Level 2

Just replying to my own post with more info as I can’t get any support from TPG other than texts telling me to plug in my modem.  The help line is a non starter for me due to the fact the phones are never answered.

Anyway, this is what my modem displays when I’m connected:

Internet status:  connected
Connection Type: PPPoE
IP Address: 193.116.211.240 
DNS: 203.12.160.35 / 36
Gateway: 10.20.22.166

With my Mac connected to a LAN port, I can ping the IP address and the DNS servers, I just can’t connect to any website.  

Since I’ve  been allocated an IP address, I don’t think there’s a problem in my setup.  

The modem has been on all day and tthe blinking blue light appears to indicate network activity
Will

Hi @Keithdou

Welcome to the Community!

I was able to pull up your account using your community details. Based on the tests I've performed, both your NBN box and modem are functioning. However, it seems like the modem was not able to automatically configure on its own. To get your service working, the modem will require manual configuration at this point.

I have requested for a Senior Technician to call and assist you in configuring your modem. Please expect a call before 3PM QLD today on the mobile number we have on file.

If you wish to provide a different contact number or have a preferred call back time frame, you may send me a PM so I can forward it. For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

2fly
Level 5

@Keithdou

You may have to configure the modem.

Setup assistance for NBN FTTC Click HERE

To configure your TP-link VR1600v Click HERE

Keithdou
Level 2

Yes Will was able to point me in that direction. Turned out that the username hadn’t been set properly by the configuration process.  It was still set to tpg_acs.   Changing it to my username/ password fixed the issue

Rica_R

Thanks for keeping us posted @Keithdou. We're glad to hear that you were able to sort out the issue on your end.  I am now seeing that your modem is authenticated and the connection is up and running with good speed. 

Should you need further assistance with your TPG account, feel free to drop us a message. Have a great weekend! 😊

xiaosun8899
Level 2

Hi Will

I am experincing same issue. Can you please help? 

Keithdou
Level 2

If it is the same problem as me, then you need to login to your modem and check the username.   To do that, connect your pc directly to one of the modem LAN ports then type 192.168.1.1 in your browser.  Login as admin/admin, navigate to the Advanced tab,  select Network from the the left hand menu then EWAN.  This will show you the username/password which should be your username/password. (see attached) Mine was set to tpg_acs.  As soon as I entered the correct username, everything was fine.

Riezl

Hi @xiaosun8899, we can see that you have been in touch with our Technical Team today and the issue has been resolved.

We have checked the status of your connection and it appears to be up and running for more than an hour now.

Should there be any issues, feel free to message us. Thank you.