New WIFI Router

Michaelgill15
Level 2

Hi All, The list of acceptable TPG routers dated 2021contains numerous rounters no longer available.  I would like to purchase a router at about the $200 mark to replace the old Wuawei one connected to the NBN modem and my iMac.  Any suggestions please?  I purchased a Linksys $400 unit which would not connect as its vlan code range was from 5 whereas TPG requires code 2.  Trying to avoid another distaster. Very grateful for support please.

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @Michaelgill15

There are a number of modem/routers available in the market and we can't provide recommendation as we haven't tried them all.

You may provide us the lists of the modem/routers that you are considering to get and will help you check if they will work with your TPG NBN service.

Please be advised that the bundled VoIP service will not work using a third party device if you are under the NBN Bundled service.

BasilDV

Michaelgill15
Level 2

Thank you Basil.  I would like to take you up on your kind offer please.  Of these three which would work best with TPG NBN 100 to the TPG supplied NBN modem.  The environment is Apple iMac running Monterey 12.3.1 direct eithernet connection and other apple devices via wireless from the router.

- Netgear AX1800 4 Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router;

TP-Link AX3000 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router; or

Netgear Orbi Whole Home High-performance AC3000 Tri-band Mesh WiFi System (2 Pack)

Thank you very much.  Mike

Michaelgill15
Level 2

Hi Basil.  One more thing.  VOIP is of no interest/use to me so losing this is not an issue.  Thanks you,  Mike

BasilDV

Thank you @Michaelgill15.

Could you shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check on your account as well?

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Michaelgill15

We checked the manual of the devices you picked and it shows that VLAN tagging is available.

With this, you may be able to use any of them with your TPG NBN HFC service.

BasilDV

Michaelgill15
Level 2

Thank you Basil for your help.  I will purchase one.  While I suspected they all allow vlan tagging the real issue is that the range offered included from 2 as TPG only seems to operate on code 2.  Many thanks,  Mike

BasilDV

Hi @Michaelgill15

Based on the manual of the listed devices, they support VLAN tagging from 1 to 4000+.

You may check it on their online manual for confirmation.

Have a good day!

BasilDV