TPG Community

Get online support

New short domain names (xxxx.au) being blocked ?

SOLVED Go to solution
captab
Level 2

We are using the new short Australian domain name format.  An example might be "www.smith.au".

TPG Post Office seems to block the receipt of any emails in this format e.g.  "john@smith.au".

There's no error message.  Any emails with this address format sent to TPG just dissappear.

The addresses work correctly with Outlook.

Is this a TPG filtering issue and can it be fixed?

(Incidentally, the new email address format fails with some other providers as well - e.g. adam.com)

Thanks

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
captab
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I just composed an email to the TPG Postmaster as you suggested but thought it wise to retest the problem before sending.

Hey, presto!  It's fixed.  The new short form Australian Domain names now work normally.  Excellent!

I assume TPG monitors this Forum or you've passed it on?  In either case - many thanks

Cheers

Alan 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @captab

Have you tried to whitelist the said domain for your to receive it?

Also, is there any bounce back mail?

BasilDV

captab
Level 2

Hi 

There is no Bounce Back or Error messages - the message just doesn't show in the TPG Inbox and it's not in Spam/Junk folders either.

I have tried setting the specific sender address in both "Allowed Email Addresses" and "Advanced Filters" to accept them into the Inbox - not successful, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Alan

Shane

Hey, we recommend to raise this directly to our postmaster. Send them an email at postmaster@tpg.com.au include the affected E-mail address and the Customer ID. 

Hi 

There is no Bounce Back or Error messages - the message just doesn't show in the TPG Inbox and it's not in Spam/Junk folders either.

I have tried setting the specific sender address in both "Allowed Email Addresses" and "Advanced Filters" to accept them into the Inbox - not successful, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Alan

captab
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I just composed an email to the TPG Postmaster as you suggested but thought it wise to retest the problem before sending.

Hey, presto!  It's fixed.  The new short form Australian Domain names now work normally.  Excellent!

I assume TPG monitors this Forum or you've passed it on?  In either case - many thanks

Cheers

Alan 

Shane

Yay! Glad to know that new short AU domain is now working, feel free to create new thread for future enquiries. Happy weekend! 

Hi Shane,

Cheers

Alan