TPG Community

Get online support

No FTTP NBN Signal for my Unit

haylach97
Level 2
I’ve had a couple of issues with the installation of my nbn box, where on both occasions there wasn’t a good signal to my unit from the pit outside. The second time (last friday) the technician was able to complete the installation and the internet was working fine until yesterday when another nbn technician was doing an installation for the unit below me and somehow this resulted in my connection being lost and has persisted today. Would love any advice on how to resolve this, think it requires a technician to fix the connection yet again...
1 REPLY 1
KarlB

Hi @haylach97,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your TPG FTTP connection.

Below is a list of troubleshooting techniques that may help you identify the source of your connection problem.

1) If you have a fibre phone service please check for dial tone. If you do not have a fibre phone service or you do have a working dial tone, please proceed to step number 2.

If you do not have any dial tone present on your line please ensure you:

- Have connected a telephone handset to your UNI-V1 port on your NBN NTD.

- Have power running to your Network Termination Unit. This can be located in a cupboard, garage or under stairs.

- Have tested an alternate telephone phone set.

2) Confirm the status of the Network Termination Unit (NTU).

Take notice if the optical light is either red or off.

If the optical light is solid green, please indicate the colour and status (solid/flashing) of the LEDs on the NTU.

The LEDs should be labelled as below:

-Power.

-Optical.

-Alarm.

-Uni-D 1.

-Uni-D 2.

-Uni-D 3.

-Uni-D 4.

-Uni-V 1/2.

-Update.

3) Confirm the router is configured correctly.

Log in to the router and confirm it is set-up for data to be transferred via the WAN port.

- Ensure the WAN light on the router is lit.

- Check to ensure the router is configured correctly

- Confirm the Ethernet cable from either the wall data socket or the NTU is connected into the WAN port on the router.

4) Test the router directly into the NTU.

Often internal wiring can cause dataflow problems between the router/computer and the NTU. To eliminate internal wiring as a possible cause it is required that the router is connected directly into the UNI-D 1 port on the NTU.

- If you are successfully able to gain a connection when connecting directly into the NTU, try the router on an alternate socket.

- Test an alternate Ethernet cable if a connection still fails.

If your service continues to experience connectivity issues after completing all of these steps, please let us know the results and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Karl