TPG Community

Get online support

No Internet Connection

nina
Level 2

Hi,

I found out this morning that my Internet was not working. I rebooted the router and checked the line and found nothing wrong. The Internet light on the modem is off, ADSL light has been flashing. I called the customer service at about 12 PM this afternoon and the staff gave me a ticket number #xxxxxxx saying that someone might come to repair it. But around 5 PM, I received an SMS said the ticket had been closed. But my network still doesn't work, and I'm not sure what happened or when my network will be available.

One more thing, I recently applied for NBN installation, but the technician needs to drill a hole. However, as a tenant, I didn't get permission from the landlord, so I didn't install it. I am still discussing this matter with the landlord. I wonder if this matter will affect the ADSL network I am using now. My address is in Malvern East.

Not sure what to do now?

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @nina 

Welcome to the community!

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager and advised that the installation of NBN has been process and now using the copper line causing the current ADSL2+ connection stops working. At the moment our Provisioning Team is waiting for your land lord's approval to complete the NBN installation.

Let us know should you require further asistance.

nina
Level 2

Hi,

The landlord allowed me to install the NBN without making any physical alteration to the property, but when the technician came, he said he would drill a hole in the side of the wall of the unit, which means I may not be able to install the NBN.

I have two questions now, the first one: I want to ask if it is possible to install NBN without drilling holes in the wall.

The second question is whether I can cancel the NBN installation and back to ADSL. I know I can install the NBN again in October next year at the latest.

And now most importantly, I want my ADSL network restored, I have been offline for a week now. And one of your staff told me that they will give a phone call today morning between 9:00 to 9:30 to check the ADSL, but nobody did that. 

Will

Hi @nina,

My apologies that you haven't received a call yet regarding the restoration of your ADSL service. I have already coordinated this with the Technical Team to reach out to you.

As for the NBN service, we'll have our NBN Provisioning Team check it with NBNCo to see if an alternate installation path is possible.

Regards,

Will

Riezl

Hi @nina, we have received an update from NBN Co. and they have advised that drilling is the only option because of the way the service is designed at your address.

We strongly suggest that you coordinate the matter with your landlord so your NBN HFC service will be installed as early as possible and to avoid service down time in the future once the copper technology is completely decommissioned in your location.