No NBN connection

forum_user
Level 2

My NBN connection has been dead since last night. Called tech support who ran a few diagnostics and advised that it's likely a Telstra problem and someone will look at it in the morning. No internet connection this morning so called tech support for update to be told they don't have any. Got what looked like an sms from tech support with ref number middle of the day so replied to sms asking for update but nothing was forthcoming.

The connection came very briefly back to life during the day, but dropped out again and the TPG supplied modem can't seem to establish a DSL connection since. Curious to see if anyone else is having problems.

So called tech support again this afternoon for an update. The tech said that they need to run some modem diagnostics with me over the phone only to conclude it's probably a Telstra problem and now they'll organize with Telstra for someone to look at it maybe tomorrow afternoon. So at least another day without a connection.

Very frustrating dealing with support. Without prodding or calling support, the case does not seem to proactively progress. If they need more modem diagnostics why don't tech call me. Have had multiple accounts with TPG for quite a long time so this level of support is disappointing.

6 REPLIES 6
David_M

Hi @forum_user 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @forum_user 

You may need to provide more info for your account.

Im looking at an ADSL2+ service in postcode 2032. This is also a SSS (TPG internet, another provider for voice).

Right now, our systems show your modem in sync at 7.2meg and authenticated. It shows all ok.

There are lots of gaps in sync where it looks like you turn your modem off when not in use.

Maybe leave it on for 24hrs, so we can evaluate thinsg better.

regards,

David_M

forum_user
Level 2

Hi David, 

That is my second account ADSL2+ in a different location. The account with the problem is an NBN bundle account.

Thank you

David_M

Hi @forum_user 

Can you please Private Message(PM) me your Username/CID/Service address for the service you need help on then..?

How to PM.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @forum_user 

I see there is a fault lodged with NBN for your NBN-FTTN 12/1 service with an NBN tech visit booked for FRIDAY 24/4, 1-5pm.

Someone needs to be home for the visit.

regards,

David_M

forum_user
Level 2

Thanks for the info @David_M ,

No one from NBN turned up and no updates on the status of the case from TPG support.