TPG Community

Get online support

No NBN for 10 days-unacceptable

Dee1
Level 2

I had new NBN (from TPG ADSL which was fine) to kerb for 24 hours then storm in Perth inner suburbs. Took nbn tec 10 days to get here this morning to tell me my new box is stuffed (replaced it) after a spike which must have happened between the box on the street and house (never happened before since 1983!). Rest of house was fine, just a 3hr power cut-we have underground power. Fibre doesnt conduct, copper does. Another reason Fibre to premises should have continued. How would I contact nbn anyway if I knew that was what was wrong.

10 days for an essential service (we are elderly and would love a reliable home phone in case of emergencies but  supose that is all gone now) outage in not acceptable. We were working off our phones and discovered Telstra wireless 4G just as fast (will stream TV) and of course cheaper with no need to subscribe to a land service in addition. In the suburbs we have more than one tower close by and 5g is coming soon.

We have complained to the Telecomunications ombudsman but heard nothing.

We dont want the nbn any more. TPG used to be good but trying to communicate with call centres in Philipines and when they dont do the ring back is not acceptable either. Have stopped any direct debit as there is breech of contract not providing the service. Just want to get away from them with no humbug.

what on earth would happen in the case of a real emergency or natural disaster?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Dee1,

Welcome to the community!

If you're having issues with NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area you may perform basic troubleshooting, we did an article that you may find helpful see this link below.

Troubleshooting no internet connection

We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. Our Engineering and Complaints resolution team are now handling this case. We will pass this on to them for additional reference. Updates will be provided via SMS, Email or Phone call.

Regards,