TPG Community

Get online support

No connection after setup of dlink3890

coreysteers
Level 2
Hello,

I’m am having troubles connecting to the internet once I have configured my new router. I have gone through some of the trouble shooting on here but to no success. Every time just keeps coming back with internet disconnected.

Any help would be great thanks
13 REPLIES 13
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address and mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

JayeshP9

Hi coreysteers,

I have checked  here and noted that you have NBN FTTC service so you still need NBN NCD.  you can try your router instread of Tp link Archer 1600v but i am not sure it can work or not   and make sure connect via WAN port ( red colored ). 

See below link for  manual of router.

http://files.dlink.com.au/products/DSL-3890/REV_A/Manuals/DSL-3890_A1_Manual_v1.00(WW).pdf

you need to use PPoE and you need to use VLAN 2  and you also need your TPG Username and password but i am not sure  those change are available or not in that router.

Otherwise you can add your Dlink router to existing Tp link router,  you just need to use one of Ethernet port of Tp link router to WAN port and you can select dynamic ip address. you can also turn off wireless for tp link  router if you want dlink router as a main router for wireless.

Regards

JayeshP9

coreysteers
Level 2
Hi,

I am still using the NBN NCD unit with this router and I am able to add all the things you have noted.

They only thing I am I’m sure of is if I have the correct user name and password as I have tried what I thought it was and then managed to get one from the tplink but neither seemed to have worked. Tried calling support line to confirm but no answer.

Do you happen to know if the user name and password to log into my account online is the same as what I need for the router?
JayeshP9

PPoE and password which require  for router configuration  are  same as your my account TPG Username and password for My Account.

Regards

JayeshP9.

JayeshP9

I have noted that login was rejected due to wrong password, see below. which router are you using right now?

Thu May  7 15:17:39 2020 : Auth: Login rejected due to wrong password:

coreysteers
Level 2
I’m trying the dlink at the moment. Just trying a system reset and entering password that I know work for my login
coreysteers
Level 2
Still not working.
JayeshP9

Hi,

I haven't seen any authentication attempt as well, so i think better to use Tp link as primary router and add Dlink for wireless  via Ethernet port.

Regards

Jayeshp9.

JayeshP9

Just check again and now  i am able to see authentication so can you check for browsing.