TPG Community

Get online support

No internet & no landline from TPG for 4 weeks but TPG is charging me the fee for landline!!!!!

lisafiuwan
Level 2
It's a disaster that I did not have any internet for 4 weeks now despite the fact that TPG delivered the modem to me and charged me $30 on 17th April. Yes, 4 weeks ago!

I am working from home and in order to keep my job, I am risking myself with COVID-19 by going to public places with WiFi to do my work.

Can TPG please push NBN to fix the network issue AS SOON AS POSSIBLE please!!!

TPG is at fault as well! My next door neighbour, also a TPG customer told me that he had applied for NBN in Februray but then NBN told TPG that his unit is not connected to the main building of the complex, therefore, my neighbour cannot have NBN. Well, at least he is still having internet with ADSL with TPG. A lot better than me who has no internet & no landline at all!!! Why can't TPG temporarily offer ADSL to me while waiting for the NBN issue to be fixed??

TPG knows that there is a problem in February, I'm wondering why they didn't check whether the NBN is available before they confirm on the website that my unit has NBN connection & offer NBN package to me!

The most ridiculous thing is that TPG is charging me $20 for the landline service on 3rd May when they cannot even provide any landline to me since 17th April!!! I have my elderly parents in Canada and I have to call them at least once a week. Up to now, I have been spending more than $50 making international calls to my parents!

Please give me an estimation when will the cable work finish and how long I have to wait for my internet!!!

The above message was sent to TPG via email on Monday but I got no reply at all. No one bother to contact me at all!!!

Lisa with extreme frustration.... (Customer ID: 5401915)
11 REPLIES 11
KarlB

Hi @lisafiuwan 

I’m sorry for the delays you have been experiencing. Unfortunately I don’t have an ETA at this stage that I can provide.

I have requested for our Provisioning Team to investigate and requested for someone to call you back with an update ASAP.

Regards,

Karl

lisafiuwan
Level 2

Hi Karl,

It's already 6 days since you said that someone would contact me but it didn't happen!

No one contacted me but just a text message on 18th May saying that someone from NBN will come on 10th June for NBN installation.

This is EIGHT WEEKS after TPG said that my unit is connected to NBN & charged me for the modem!!! I am working from home & I didn't have internet for 8 weeks!!!

The most ridiculous thing is that TPG is charging me $20 for the landline service on 3rd May when they cannot even provide any landline to me (TPG confirmed in their website that NBN is available for my new unit & offered me different NBN plans on 16th April!!!) I have my elderly parents in Canada and I have to call them at least once a week. Up to now, I have been spending more than $50 making international calls to my parents!

Please give me back the $20 as soon as possible & please don't charge me anything before the NBN is working!!!

Lisa who is very frustrated with no internet for 8 weeks when I need to work from home...... Customer ID: 5401915

KarlB

Hi @lisafiuwan 

I understand your frustration.

From what I can see NBN have resolved the NBN Network Shortfall, and have booked the appointment for Wednesday, 10 June 2020, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM to complete your NBN install.

I have requested again for our Provisioning Team to call you back ASAP.

Regards,

Karl

lisafiuwan
Level 2

Hi Karl,

Thank you very much for your kind follow up. A case manager did call me back at 7:19pm.

She was a bit silly to defend TPG at the beginning but later, she knew that TPG didn't address the network issue at my complex since February which has prolonged my waiting time for internet.

Anyway, I am happy that this case manager did help to advance the installation appointment from 10th June to 28th May. That means instead of 8 weeks without internet, hopefully, it will reduce to 6 weeks. Let's keep our fingers (and toes) crossed.

Thanks again for your help Karl. At least TPG got good staff like you to follow up customer's requests and needs. You're helping TPG to keep their reputation!

with thanks, Lisa

KarlB

Hi @lisafiuwan 

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear the case manager called you back.

Regards,

Karl

lisafiuwan
Level 2

Hi everyone,

Believe it or not, I did not have any internet and landline for more than 5 months now sinceTPG delivered the modem to me and charged me $30 on 17th April, 2020. Worst of all, TPG has been charging me $59.99 for internet and $20 for landline for 5 whole months without providing any service to me!!!
NBN and TPG are shedding their responsibilities about the cabling issue. Then strata management is being blamed by NBN but the strata management said that it's NBN's job. Ended up I need to call a private technician to sort out the cabling issue. My technician helped to call NBN and explained to them that my cabling issue is resolved, NBN scheduled an appointment for me on 24th Sept 2020 from 1pm to 5pm for installation of NBN.
With intense hope on 24th Sept 2020 and with my private technician on site, we had been waiting from 1pm till 3pm and I called NBN every hour and they kept saying that a technician would come before 5pm. Eventually, I have to make complaint to the manager of NBN at 3:30pm because my private technician had been waiting for 2.5 hours since 1pm and he had to leave (time to off work). Then the NBN manager said that TPG had cancelled my appointment.
Then I called TPG and asked for an explanation. The TPG staff said that the cancellation was due to cabling issue! I replied that the cabling issue was resolved and NBN was informed about it. I also asked why they cancelled my appointment without letting me know. Then the staff said that my case manager will contact me as soon as possible. It is now 28th Sept 2020, more than 3 days but the TPG case manager did not contact me at all!!! What service TPG is providing!? Cancelled my appointment without letting NBN or me know about it. The so called case manager didn't contact me neither for more than 3 days!!!
I will report the case to NSW Fair Trading about TPG if I cannot have any intenet before 30th Sept 2020!!! I really have enough!!! I have been paying a lot of money for my mobile plan to get hotspot and I have been paying a lot of money for international calls to my elderly parents in Canada!!!
lisafiuwan
Level 2

Photos attached to prove that cabling issue is being resolved.

The cable for Unit 62 is being tagged in the Communication Room.

Riezl

We sincerely apologise for the trouble this issue has caused you, @lisafiuwan. We have made a follow up with our Provisioning Team and we'll make sure that the Case Manager will contact you today to further discuss the matter.

We have also escalated your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team and a Complaints Resolution Case Manager will be in touch through Email or Phone call to address the complaint raised.

lisafiuwan
Level 2

Dear TPG staff at TPG Community,

Kimberly (TPG staff) sent an email to me yesterday & I replied the email as instructed by Kimberly. However, my reply couldn’t go through & it bounced back with the message saying that “[TPG] Client address blocked. Listed on SORBS. See http://www.sorbs.net/ 

Did TPG staff know that the TPG email address they sent to their customers is listed on SORBS (Spam and Open Relay Blocking System)? Customer cannot reply at all.....

Anyway, please kindly help to direct my message below to Kimberly (NBN Orders | User ID: 11758 c/o T 13 14 23 | F 02 9850 0813) or anyone who can book an installation appointment for me. Many thanks.

Hi Kimberly,

I am really upset that TPG cancelled the installation appointment last Thursday 24th September without contacting me at all. If TPG think that there is network shortfall issue, why would TPG text me 4 times from 18th to 23rd September to confirm the appointment? TPG texted me 4 times to confirm the appointment, why didn't TPG text me just once to let me know the appointment is being cancelled?! This is absolutely unreasonable. My private technician had been waiting for 2.5 hours last Thursday.

I had already mentioned in my message at TPG community that the network shortfall (I called it cabling issue at the TPG community) had been resolved by my private technician. I had put up two photos at the TPG Community to show that my private technician had done the networking. Photos attached again in this message. 

If you don't believe your customer, you can call my private technician who is a professional with licence to do the networking job. You will only delay my installation date by waiting for NBN endlessly. I have been waiting for 5 months already and I can't wait anymore. Please call my private technician TODAY instead of waiting for NBN to reply. The contact no. of my private technician is-

Mr. Robert Theodoridis

Managing Director

Sydney Electrical Contractors Pty Ltd

Mobile: 0419 620 499 (please call Robert's mobile as he may be out doing his job)

Office: 02 8007 7215

Please tell Robert that I was the poor woman living at Unit 62 at Oatland Gardens Retirement Village without internet for more than 5 months! Robert is the one who is very helpful and he helped to fix the issue. Robert felt sorry for me that I did not have any internet for more than 5 months as I am still working by teaching online using Zoom every day.

I need an installation appointment either TODAY 29th September from 2pm to 5pm OR tomorrow 30th September from 11am to 5pm. I can't stand for any delay anymore. I should have my internet 5 months ago but everyone is shedding their responsibility to each other. I should, at least, have the installation last week but TPG just cancelled the appointment without letting me know.

I will inform NSW Fair Trading if there is no installation appointment scheduled on or before 30th September 2020. I will let them know how TPG & NBN are treating their customer at retirement village. I may consider reporting this to Equal Opportunity Commission as well. The delay in providing the service is totally unacceptable.

Putting yourself into my shoes, can you live without internet for more than 5 months?! This is just ridiculous. Most ridiculous of all, TPG has been charging me $59.99 for internet & $20 for landline for 5 months (a total of $400) without providing any service!

With despair, Lisa

Mobile: 0432 619 159 (please call after 11am)