TPG Community

Get online support

No internet connection

Xue16
Level 2
I have lodged a fault 12602996 last night about the dropout since Wednesday night 5/10/22 due to heavy rainfall. I have also emailed techops@tpg.com.au

I’m on the NBN + home phone bundle. No nbn outage is found at our location Granville. I have tried unplugging and resetting the modem and nbn connection device. No internet detected. Phone line is also disconnected.

Please escalate and send a technician to fix the internet urgently. I have not received any response yet and no luck calling to reach for support. We have lost connection for 2 days now.
7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Let us help chase this with our Engineering Team and get the latest update of the escalated fault. Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I have lodged a fault 12602996 last night about the dropout since Wednesday night 5/10/22 due to heavy rainfall. I have also emailed techops@tpg.com.au

I’m on the NBN + home phone bundle. No nbn outage is found at our location Granville. I have tried unplugging and resetting the modem and nbn connection device. No internet detected. Phone line is also disconnected.

Please escalate and send a technician to fix the internet urgently. I have not received any response yet and no luck calling to reach for support. We have lost connection for 2 days now.

Rica_R

Yes, it will be troubleshooting over the phone. Are you also able to confirm the light status on the modem and NBN box? 

Xue16
Level 2
DSL and internet lights off on modem, 2.4G 5G and WAN lights on. LAN and DSL lights off on NBN device, connection light flashing blue and is sometimes red. I have unplugged and resetted both device and switching cables.

The problem isn’t from either device. We have experienced lost connection during rainy days. There was a technician a while back that checked the curbside underground cables/lines saying they were quite old.

So I am hoping a technician to come and fix the outdoor curbside lines rather than an over the phone troubleshooting since I have done what I can do with the modem and nbn device, which are unlikely the problem here.
Xue16
Level 2
I have specifically requested a technician to come and check the curbside underground fibre due to heavy rain and flooding. It’s been 60+ hours since we lost internet connection. I’m very frustrated at all the back and forth messaging on this forum that take hours to reponse with no real solution.

It is unacceptable to keep a customer waiting this long for an action. I’m paying for a service that doesn’t work and I have never been so disappointed in TPG as a 12 years customer.
Rica_R

Hi @Xue16,

We've escalated the matter to our Engineers and have requested an immediate assessment on your line, One of our Engineers will be updating you on the progress of the case. 

Xue16
Level 2
Thank you @Rica_R. I have also spoken to someone on 131423 and received confirmation that a technician will visit next week.
Rica_R

Glad to know that a Technician will be coming over to check to address the line issue. 

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance,