TPG Community

Get online support

No internet of ADSL 2+

liangwang0414
Level 2

Hi, 

From about two weeks ago, the speed of ADSL is extremely slow, only 0.1Mbps. I have report the issue twice but no one contacted yet.

Even worse from last Friday, there is no internet at all. I checked from modem side, the modem can't fetch IP address.

Anyone can help this?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Riezl

Hi @liangwang0414,

Before attempting the troubleshooting steps, TPG recommends that you:

1. Check our Service Status at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/problems_connect_internet.php

2. "Power cycle" your ADSL modem. This means turning your modem off and waiting for one minute before turning it back on again. This allows your modem to reestablish connection to our server.

If you are still unable to connect to the Internet, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/problems_connect_internet.php

In your case, a Telstra technician has been booked to further investigate the issue.

liangwang0414
Level 2

Hi,

How is the restore work going? Since I reported no internet problem, almost 3 weeks has passed.  Still there is no internet. It has seriously impacted our work and life.

Could you tell me when the internet will restore?

liangwang0414
Level 2

In addition, yesterday TPG direct debited a full bill for my adsl. Is it fair? In the past month, no internet has lasted for nearly 3 weeks.

timli1234
Level 2

Ombudsman - TIO

Create case and let TIO continue to bill TPG as long as the TIO case is open. 

Riezl

Hi @liangwang0414, we can see that Telstra technician was able to resolve the issue and the service shows up and running for more than 3 days now.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

liangwang0414
Level 2

Hi, 

yes, the internet was restord from last Friday. Although it took a long time to recover, thanks all of you all the same.

I am waiting for billing adjustment and further updats.

Liang.

liangwang0414
Level 2

hi,

The internet is broken down again from this morning. I am working from home now, urgently need internet.