No internet

5864sarge
Level 2
We have been without internet for some time. I have been checking with Telstra and they have confirmed outages in our area until last night when they say it has been fixed. We still don't have internet though. The other issue is I'm not sure if I have my modem set up correctly for wifi internet. I have only one lead from my phone wall socket to the modem. Is this a All I need?
6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Are you ADSL or NBN? If NBN, what type?

What model router do you have?

If you have ADSL, there is one lead from wall socket to the router. If you have a landline phone, there is also a filter/splitter connected.

If NBN, there is the router and probably a NBN connection device.

5864sarge
Level 2
Our model is TD W9970. NBN is on its way but we have not been connected. I have the splitter. We only have two green lights on, power and Wi-Fi. Thanks for your help.
david64
Level 15

If the filter is connected the right way, then if the DSL light is off or forever blinking, I think that's a line fault. 

Does your phone have a dial tone?

5864sarge
Level 2
We don't have a phone in the house, only mobiles. The reason I started this enquiry was really to get confirmation that I had the modem connected correctly and you have set me straight on that. I'll contact Telstra tomorrow to ask about the phone line. Thank you for your help.
david64
Level 15

Last thing. Since you don't have a landline telephone, remove the splitter. It's only needed for the telephone.

Shane

Hi @5864sarge

Before attempting the troubleshooting steps, we recommend that you do the following below.

If you are still unable to connect to the Internet, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/problems_connect_internet.php

Should you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this message or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards,