No internet

Indijo
Level 2
We lost our internet connection earlier in the week. When I open a webpage it redirects saying a phone/Ethernet cable is unplugged.
I have checked all the cables, that my account is paid and have done a hard reset of the modem/router and set it up again. I continue to get the same message. Any other ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Vhorlon
Level 4
@Indijo wrote:
We lost our internet connection earlier in the week. When I open a webpage it redirects saying a phone/Ethernet cable is unplugged.
I have checked all the cables, that my account is paid and have done a hard reset of the modem/router and set it up again. I continue to get the same message. Any other ideas?

@Indijo

Sorry but it seems there's a moderator (who shall not be named as he knows who he is) who is trying to delete my posts as spam for reasons known only to him.

Here was my original reply:

@Vhorlon wrote:

TPG will very likely ask if you've tried a different Ethernet and/or phone cable, and tried another router. As much as I like to bash TPG's internet services, your issue sounds like one of these might be the culprit. Might be good to beat them to the mark if you can. It would rule out any faulty equipment at your end at least.

Does your computer link to your router directly through ethernet? Have you tried connecting to your router via Wi-Fi instead? You can also see if your computer can talk to your router at all, by opening up "CMD" from the start menu (if using windows - "Terminal" on a mac) and typing:

ping [IP address of router] 

(Without quotes of course). If your router uses its default IP address then this is often either:

or

The above IP addresses are for ADSL2+ routers. I'm not sure about NBN routers, but it may be the same. The results of the ping command would narrow the issue to either the ethernet cable or the router itself.

Shane

Hi @Indijo,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and ran initial tests. It shows your modem/router is getting a connection on the line, however it needs to be configured in order get authenticated.

We did an article that will help you configure your modem/router available below.

Setting up ADSL2+ and modem configuration

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!