No phone socket

KB79
Level 2

Hi guys,

I've just had the internet hooked up but have only just realised the this newly renovated flat does not seem to have a telephone socket anywhere... I've pulled everything away from the walls and there is nothing, but there are foxtel sockets. I asked the landlord yesterday and they didn't seem to know what was going on and just said that the last person had internet....I suspect they used foxtel/telstra cable.  It's highly unlikely that I'll be able to get a phone jack installed, was wondering if there is any type of work around in this situation. 

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
Rica_R

Hi @KB79,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we'll be glad to help you out on this matter. I was able to locate your account using your community details and have seen that the service has been relocated to this new address with an ADSL2+ service.  

I've noticed that the address is expected to be NBN ready on 01-Jun-2019 with planned technology of Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC). Since it is unlikely that I'll be able to get a phone jack installed due to the incoming NBN service. We will have to verify the possibilities of run arounds of this matter. 

We've also sent you a Private Message regarding this concern. Thank you.