TPG Community

Get online support

Normal ADSL2+ speed?

SOLVED Go to solution
JamesB
Level 2

Is this normal speeds for ADSL2+ we are between 3-4km from closest exchange.Screenshot_1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @JamesB,

Thanks for sending me your details. We're able to locate your account using your given details. We ran an initial test of your service and it shows connected connected for 1week 15h 11m and getting a passing speed on the line.

Your location is 3860m away from the exchange (This can be seen by visiting this link http://tpg.com.au/maps/). The speed you can get in your location is in between 2-2.5Mbps, getting 2.67Mbps Download and 0.43 Upload is considered passing.

In case the speed is not enough for your daily internet activities I would recommend upgrading your service to NBN service. We went ahead and check NBN service in your area, unfortunately still not serviceable by TPG.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
legcat
Level 4

Hi @JamesB 

Can you show us a picture of your modem stats, it should help us determine your modem downstream and upstream rate.

JamesB
Level 2

Do you mean the specifications of the modem? If so here's what it says.Untitled.png 

legcat
Level 4

oh I mean the Modem statistics. I can see you have a DSL-2885A so here's how you can access those details.

1. open a web browser (Chrome/Safari)
  2. type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and Login
  3. Click the internet icon
  4. Click DSL

cheers.

JamesB
Level 2

Ahh, sorry is this it?

Screenshot_1.jpg

legcat
Level 4

That's it!. Based on attenuation that should put you somewhere between 3.5-4Km from the exchange however your downstream SNR margin is a bit high.

Do you have a home phone? you may need to check for noise.

JamesB
Level 2

There is a bit of staticy fuzz in the background on the home phone yes.

Shane

Hi @JamesB,

Welcome to the community!

That's it!. Based on attenuation that should put you somewhere between 3.5-4Km from the exchange however your downstream SNR margin is a bit high.

Do you have a home phone? you may need to check for noise.

Note: ADSL2+ sync speed affects the distance of copper wire from the Network Boundary Point (Wall socket) going to the exchange.

We tried to use your community details to pull up your TPG account unfortunately no match. Feel free to PM me the following details.

Username:

Customer ID:

Complete Address:

In case you need a reference How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Shane

Hi @JamesB,

Thanks for sending me your details. We're able to locate your account using your given details. We ran an initial test of your service and it shows connected connected for 1week 15h 11m and getting a passing speed on the line.

Your location is 3860m away from the exchange (This can be seen by visiting this link http://tpg.com.au/maps/). The speed you can get in your location is in between 2-2.5Mbps, getting 2.67Mbps Download and 0.43 Upload is considered passing.

In case the speed is not enough for your daily internet activities I would recommend upgrading your service to NBN service. We went ahead and check NBN service in your area, unfortunately still not serviceable by TPG.