TPG Community

Get online support

Offer to move from TPG NBN to Vodafone 5G warning

turnbul1
Level 2

Just a heads up as I imagine there will be others impact. Vodafone have just turned on 5G in my area (Redfern) and TPG have sent me an offer to move from TPG NBN to Vodafone 5G at a discount of $5 per month. Sounded good until I asked today if this would mean I lost my discount off TPG mobiles because I was a TPG Customer. I was hoping that as TPG was offering me a move to Vodafone that they were treating both organisations as a single unit, but this is not the case. I was advised this afternoon after enquiries within TPG that if I took up the TPG offer to move ro Vodafone 5G that I would loose the $5 per month discounts I currently have on my two TPG mobile plans. So people factor this in to any decision you make about this offer. More work needs to be done on the merger!

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @turnbul1,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, TPG mobile with 5G connection is not yet available, please understand that though TPG Telecom and Vodafone are under the same umbrella, TPG Telecom is still operating independently as a separate entity and has a different database from Vodafone this applies also to iiNET.

The $5.00 discount will only available to TPG mobile service, we appreciate your feedback we will take a look into this.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Just a heads up as I imagine there will be others impact. Vodafone have just turned on 5G in my area (Redfern) and TPG have sent me an offer to move from TPG NBN to Vodafone 5G at a discount of $5 per month. Sounded good until I asked today if this would mean I lost my discount off TPG mobiles because I was a TPG Customer. I was hoping that as TPG was offering me a move to Vodafone that they were treating both organisations as a single unit, but this is not the case. I was advised this afternoon after enquiries within TPG that if I took up the TPG offer to move ro Vodafone 5G that I would loose the $5 per month discounts I currently have on my two TPG mobile plans. So people factor this in to any decision you make about this offer. More work needs to be done on the merger!