TPG Community

Get online support

Only getting half the advertised 250/25 speeds?

keithleepixel
Level 2

I'm just getting around 90mbps and download no matter time I use it? I've tried 2am, 10am, peak, off peak. All I'm getting is just 90mbps no matter what.

Power cycling both the nbn & TP-link modem doesn't work either.

Is TPG putting a hard limit on my speeds? This has been happening for the 2 months.

2 REPLIES 2
Tashihawk
Level 2
You might actually be getting limited by your technology. Are you using ethernet or wifi? If wired do you have a 10/100/1000 gigabit ethernet adaptor or just 10/100? If wifi are you on a single or multiple connection device running 802.11b/g/n?
Shane

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. TPG do not throttle the speed of the service, there are different types of speed issues that you may experience:

1. Speed issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Speed issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed issues caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. 

We recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

​​​​​​

I'm just getting around 90mbps and download no matter time I use it? I've tried 2am, 10am, peak, off peak. All I'm getting is just 90mbps no matter what.

Power cycling both the nbn & TP-link modem doesn't work either.

Is TPG putting a hard limit on my speeds? This has been happening for the 2 months.