Optus calling me

Alexandralee
Level 2
I don't want to call for such a small issue, but I keep getting calls from people claiming to be optus about my internet. I think tpg is on Vodafone so I just wanted to check that these are just persistent scammers who take things personally... if not I owe someone an apology lol thank you
1 REPLY 1
Angeli

Hi @Alexandralee

We actually cannot confirm if it is a scam call. If you receive a call that is unknown, unsolicited or you suspect to be fraudulent, this is what we advise: 

• Don’t give the caller any personal details and hang up
  • Check that the call is coming from a number that’s not a number that we use.
  • Block the caller/sender’s number using your phone’s built-in call rejection features or by downloading an app to restrict incoming calls and messages.
  • Let the call go to voicemail and then listen to any message left to ascertain if this might be a genuine call. For more information on how to set up and manage voicemail, head to our support page.
  • Report the call to Scamwatch
  • Report the email or SMS to Scamwatch
  • Email customer_relations@tpg.com.au and provide the date and time you received the call, how many calls you received in total and your mobile number

Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards, 

Angeli