TPG Community

Get online support

Parental Control: Archer VR1600v - URL Whitelist

SOLVED Go to solution
mate4711
Level 2

hi, 

parental control seems to only work based on keywords which is quite limited.
It would be fantastic if there would an option to enable parental control on the basis of white/ blacklisting of URLs (not only on keywords).

Are there any plans for this functionality?

Thank you

kind regards

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RajenS

Hi @mate4711 

You are sounds like an advance user, I did try different routers, kids are now are days little smarter than us, tried blocking (utube and roblox) finally I end up with using an old router(which I am using as 2nd router) with open-source firmware (DD-WRT, or Tomato Firmware ) 

Or the other option is just use allowed URLs only 

Thanks 

Rajen 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RajenS

Hi @mate4711 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

RajenS

Hi @mate4711 

I found, if you are using windows, please try windows family accounts system, its very advance and quick and easy, super easy to manage the kids and family members, Managing URL Whitelist super easy 

The other option on TPLINK AC 1600 

Click advance Tap. 

and security - Access Control 

mate4711
Level 2

hello RajenS,

thank you for coming back to me.

I already use a Microsoft family account for my son's laptop to manage screentime. However, the MSFT family account can only black/whitelist the Edge Browser and not Google Chrome.

My son has to use Chrome to get his schoolwork done (his school uses chrome mandatorily). I cannot block Chrome other than with extensions which can be uninstalled with a single mouse click so not very helpful.

I just try to turn off distractions like youtube and online games Smiley Happy

URL whitelisting over the router would have the advantage that his school uses a lot of embedded content that (like Youtube Videos) that would still work.

Any other ideas would be really great.

Thank you

Cheers

RajenS

Hi @mate4711 

You are sounds like an advance user, I did try different routers, kids are now are days little smarter than us, tried blocking (utube and roblox) finally I end up with using an old router(which I am using as 2nd router) with open-source firmware (DD-WRT, or Tomato Firmware ) 

Or the other option is just use allowed URLs only 

Thanks 

Rajen