TPG Community

Get online support

Phone Line not working

Rundell1985
Level 2
I’ve got an issue with our line connection. We moved into a new house at the end of last year and it appears the house has two different phone line connections. One is to a box on the roof (looks like a rectangular box), which I presume is some form of satellite connection. We also have standard phone and fax connections that don’t appear to be working as the modem doesn’t pick up a signal when connected to these. The only thing working is the satellite connection, which I feel was probably good prior to the NBN rollout. It does dropout from time to time and I’d like to see about getting the standard phone line reconnected and working. I’ve tried to explain this to TPG but they don’t fully understand given the modem is working as connected to a phone line that is working, albeit probably slower than the NBN. Basically I want to try and not complicate things and see about getting the original phone line working. TPG doesn’t fully understand this when I’ve called

Any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @Rundell1985 , we'd like to take a look at your account to have a better understand of what is going on. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community