Ports Blocked

SOLVED Go to solution
adsl74l
Level 2

Hi There ,

Like to know if you have block ports 46100,46110,46112,46114,461120,46122 as my device was working up until last Tuesday and all of a sudden stop working and the reason is a port block issue so need to know if you have block these ports.

regards

frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@adsl74l . I set a forwarding rule for port 46100 to my home network. I use Chrome with mobile data to send a connect request and get an immediate reply from my local device that the port is closed.

Can you access the function from your local device?

If you use DDNS, is the ip address of your hostname matching your router's wan address?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @adsl74l . TPG say they don't block ports.

How long had your setup been working before it stopped?

Is this a function being accessed from the internet? 

You have setup port forwarding and DDNS?

The computer running the function has a fixed local ip address?

adsl74l
Level 2

Well the setup had been running for a number of years and it just stopped l have not changed anything nor has my set up changed but now it tells me these ports are blocked they are setup in the router from day one l started to use the device and worked every time now it doesn;t l was told that they do block ports this is why l ask the question.

frank

david64
Level 15

@adsl74l . I set a forwarding rule for port 46100 to my home network. I use Chrome with mobile data to send a connect request and get an immediate reply from my local device that the port is closed.

Can you access the function from your local device?

If you use DDNS, is the ip address of your hostname matching your router's wan address?

david64
Level 15

@adsl74l . What was the solution for your problem?

natewilly
Level 2

How did you manage to fix this? Im also having a similar issue that started around the same time. Thanks!

david64
Level 15

@natewilly . Things to note:

the server computer has a fixed local ip address;

the forwarding rule specifies the interface name in status display;

the correct WAN ip address is used by the remote client, or DDNS is used to enable access by hostname;

the app is accessible by a local device.