Power surge

peterbt01
Level 2

During a massive storm and rain last night I heard our NBN box zap. It continued working until the battery ran out and then stopped. I had plugged the box into a different power switch which I know was working, but it would not accept power through this cable any more. Is there a fuse in the battery box that I could replace, or do I need someone to come out and repair.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @peterbt01

Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I hope everyone is safe at home. 

I was able to pull up an account using your Community details and had the chance to run remote testings. Results showed no signal detected.

Is the NTD box still giving you any lights or is it totally off? 

I have anyway escalated the issue to our Engineering for further assessment. They should provide you with an update within the next 24-48hrs either via phone call or SMS. I've used the number we have on file and should you have a preferred time to be contacted, please do let us know so we can inform their team. 

We're just a message away should you have further queries. 

Thank you! 

peterbt01
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. Yes all lights are on and would be working OK if I could recharge the battery but I can't. What has happened is the battery box shorted out with a bang and will no longer allow the mains power supply to recharge the battery. It is not a battery problem, it is a problem where the mains power plugs into the battery box. It's blown a fuse or shorted out and needs someone to come out and repair/replace.

Thanks

Will

Hi @peterbt01

This has been raised to NBNCo already for assistance. However, NBNCo is ruling this out as a power-related problem based on the test results.

Would you be able to take photos of the NTD box, the Battery Backup and the cables connecting them and post it here. We will be using these to advise NBNCo that the issue is not your power socket but the NBN devices themselves.

Regards,

Will

Hi @peterbt01

I'm glad to know that NBNCo replaced the Power Supply Unit today and that your service is now working properly. Based on our records you have spoken to our Engineering Team and have confirmed the resolution as well.

Feel free to use the community if you have other concerns.

Regards,