hello, i'm trying to enable the qos settings in my router (Archer VR1600v) but when i go to advanced there is no option for qos, does my router not have these avaliable? i attached a screenshot of what i see, very confused any advice much appreciated.
@harleyyyyy . Port range is 1 to 65535. All traffic from device is controlled. Protocol is ALL.
I think you will also have to allocate reserved ip addresses to all the devices you want controlled so they fit into an ip address range, or will always fit to a rule.
Probably need experimentation. To check the rules are being followed by the router, you could probably do speed test on multiple devices to see that they are only getting a share of the bandwidth.
Some more info:
- If you have an NBN12 plan, enter a maximum of 950kbps
- If you have an NBN25 plan, enter a maximum of 4950kbps
- If you have an NBN50 plan, enter a maximum of 19500kbps
- If you have an NBN100 plan, enter a maximum of 19500kbps*
- If you have an NBN250 plan, enter a maximum of 24500kbps
- If you have an NBN Ultrafast plan, enter a maximum of 49500kbps
If you still have a 100/40 plan, this number could be 39500.
thanks heaps i got the ip, the only thing now is what ever amount of kbps i put for min downstream it gives me an error code (4800) and says
'the requested minimum downstream rate can't be satisfied. Please imput another one.'
i have even tried 1 kpbs and it gives me the same message
hi, im trying to set up broudband control but when ever i put in a minimum downstream bandwidth of literally any number it tells me 'requested minimum downstream rate cannot be satisfied. plese imput anothet' error code 4800. not sure what to do.