TPG Community

Get online support

Reduction in NBN FTTN Superfast Speed

SOLVED Go to solution
UwAPv
Level 2

For the first year with NBN FTTN Superfast account I was very pleased with the internet speeds obtained. The speeds using an ookla test hosted by iinet routinely resulted in 90-95 mbps down and 35-38 mbps up. This was so regular that I stopped testing.

 

About a year ago I tested again. The results has changed to 46 mbps down and 21 mbps up. This has been the routine test result for the past year.

My modem shows Max Rate (kbps) 22431 54452

 

It appears as if my account has been throttled to 50 mbps.

I have not had any notification from TPG regarding any expected reduction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UwAPv
Level 2

NBN techs came to the house yesterday.

They found corroded connections in the phone outlet wall plates which they reconnected.

Outside in the kerbside underground junction box (which has a broken cover), they found a lot of ant dirt (gradually filling the box) and a broben wire which they fixed.

They thought the main problem was the broken wire.

After the works completion and a modem restart my modem shows...

Max Rate (kbps) 40299 107070

The speeds using an ookla test hosted by iinet are currently 89.7 mbps down and 37.6 mbps up.

 

So I concider the issue is resolved.

Thank you BasilDV for your assistance, and also to the NBN techs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV
Moderator

Hi @UwAPv

 

Welcome to the Community!

 

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line.

We can confirm that you are getting a low connection speed compared before.

This has been escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation and expect the updates to be given via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours.

 

BasilDV

UwAPv
Level 2

I hear you BasilDV.

I am interested to know results when they are available.

UwAPv
Level 2

NBN techs came to the house yesterday.

They found corroded connections in the phone outlet wall plates which they reconnected.

Outside in the kerbside underground junction box (which has a broken cover), they found a lot of ant dirt (gradually filling the box) and a broben wire which they fixed.

They thought the main problem was the broken wire.

After the works completion and a modem restart my modem shows...

Max Rate (kbps) 40299 107070

The speeds using an ookla test hosted by iinet are currently 89.7 mbps down and 37.6 mbps up.

 

So I concider the issue is resolved.

Thank you BasilDV for your assistance, and also to the NBN techs.

View solution in original post