Regular Disconnections FTTN NBN

Allisonspiteri
Level 2
Hi,

Ben is going to be late so I will message you my number instead
Erika

Hi @Allisonspiteri

Thanks for updating us. 

I've notified the assigned technician for your contact number. 

Let me should you need further assistance. 

benny
Level 2

Hi Erika,

From what you have told me, I can only gather that:

• regardless of the history of problems on this service
  • regardless of the fact that the exact same issue has persisted with 2 separate devices, both of which were brand new out of box within the past 6 to 7 months

We are being put on the same merry-go-round as we were previously.

This reminds me of a quote by Albert Einstein:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

How many times are we going to repeat this same diagnostic step before we conclude that we need to look elsewhere for the problem?

Shane

Hi @benny,

We apologise for the inconvenience. Your service is currently under investigation. We understand that how much your service mean to you. We'll pass this on and make follow up at the same time. Rest assured updates will be provided where is possible.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @benny & @Allisonspiteri,

One of our Technicians tried to call you for the case progress/update unfortunately no avail.

Let us know your best contact number and preferred time and we'll have them call you again.

Cheers!

Allisonspiteri
Level 2
Maybe give Benny a call as he understands the issues more than me. Will get him to message you
Shane

Hi @Allisonspiteri,

Our Technicians tried to call the mobile number ends with *136. I'd like to know if you have a different contact number that our Technicians can use to contact Benny also the best contact time and I will have them call you again today.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Allisonspiteri & @benny,

I can see that you have been in touched with one of our Technicians. At the moment your connection is still under monitoring until tomorrow and updates will be provided by the Assigned Technicians.

Let us know how it will go. Cheers!

Regards,

benny
Level 2

So, after the support call we received last week where my partner was given instructions to reset the modem software. As suspected, we have continued to get regular disconnects. 15 times since the 23rd Including 9 today.

As I write this, the modem has only just reconnected again at a much slower rate (10mbps), and the 'Downstream SNR (dB)' statistic is very unstable, going up and down, which is the same as I have seen in the past. This would suggest either a problem with our line or in the street cabinet.

I need this fault to be properly investigated and diagnosed.

BasilDV

Hi @benny,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'll escalate this case to our Engineering team for further investigation as we can detect a massive drop outs with your service.

They'll be in touch within 24 to 48 hours via SMS or call to provide an update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,