Reset after outage

vanlintchris
Level 2

I am disappointed with the apparent lack of technical expertise at TPG and maybe the time has come to look for an alternative ISP.  I just had a scheduled NBN outage.  The text message from TPG tells me to reset the NBN modem, if the service does not come back on line.  Outage was supposed to be resolved by 05:00 this morning.  At 10:00 today there was still no connection and I reset the NBN modem several times.  At 10:30 I contacted TPG and we all know what a time consuming and frustrating process that is !! After a lot of humming and harring, I was told that TPG had to reset my connection and I should wait a while and then reset my TPG modem.  I am now back on line.  Why do I have to go through this frustrating and time consuming rigmarole every time there is an outage and why does TPG give me the wrong information on how to get connected following a NBN outage?  I pay for a 24/7 service - not for service when it suits TPG.

Chris

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @vanlintchris,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I am sad to know that you feel that way. There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment. While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

Regards,

I am disappointed with the apparent lack of technical expertise at TPG and maybe the time has come to look for an alternative ISP.  I just had a scheduled NBN outage.  The text message from TPG tells me to reset the NBN modem, if the service does not come back on line.  Outage was supposed to be resolved by 05:00 this morning.  At 10:00 today there was still no connection and I reset the NBN modem several times.  At 10:30 I contacted TPG and we all know what a time consuming and frustrating process that is !! After a lot of humming and harring, I was told that TPG had to reset my connection and I should wait a while and then reset my TPG modem.  I am now back on line.  Why do I have to go through this frustrating and time consuming rigmarole every time there is an outage and why does TPG give me the wrong information on how to get connected following a NBN outage?  I pay for a 24/7 service - not for service when it suits TPG.

Chris