TPG Community

Get online support

Reset modem on TPG advice, now no internet.

SOLVED Go to solution
haein2957
Level 2
TPG ticket no: #10441961

Issue: Hard reset the modem; now have no internet. I was promised a call in the morning from the engineering team, but haven’t heard anything. Please someone follow up for me! I need internet for WFH.

Background:
For a few weeks internet kept dropping out, multiple times a day every few hours. It was seriously disrupting my Skype meetings so got onto TPG’s online chat tech support to see if they can do something.

The TPG rep recommended that I hard reset the modem to factory default, which I did. She walked me through manual configuration of the modem.

But the internet connection didn’t return AT ALL after the reconfiguration. The rep told me to contact the modem company(?!) for support and left the chat.

There are only three lights on the modem (TP-LINK AC750): the power, LAN and the wireless. I can connect to the wireless but there is no internet. NBN box is fine, all the lights are on. I haven’t touched the cables, and since it was working before I assume they’re all in correct ports.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
haein2957
Level 2
Hi David

It must have been the modem. I bought a new one and configured it. Internet is working again!

Thanks for your help. Feel free to close the ticket.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
David_M

Hi @haein2957 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @haein2957 

I can see on our systems your NBN-FTTP 100/40 service is UP, but not authenticated.

Your modem should be connected to the UNI-D 2 port.

Your modem is not a TPG supplied modem, so support configuring it is ultimately up to you.

But, i will try and help.

You need to configure it with your TPG USERNAME and PASSWORD.

Here is the guide to configure our TPG supplied FTTP modem.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-set-up-TP-LINK-C1200-modem-for-Windows-10/...

Regards,

David_M

haein2957
Level 2
Hi David

Thanks for your response, but the modem is definitely connected to UNI-D2 port, and I have already tried multiple times to configure the modem with TPG username and password — including when the first TPG rep was walking me through the reconfiguration.

Just to confirm, my username and password are the same ones I use to login to my TPG account?
haein2957
Level 2
Also, it couldn’t be something on your end blocking authentication? I recently changed my plan to higher speed; as far as I know my billing is up to date, but could this change have done something to my account?

As a last ditch effort, could a new modem solve the issue? This is seriously frustrating and no one seems able to figure out the problem.
David_M

Hi @haein2957 

Yes its the same un/pw u use to log into TPG.

I doubt its something on our end, but hard to say at this stage.

Your modem could def by faulty. Im not saying to buy another one, but if u had a different FTTP type modem to try that would help TS.

Thanks,

haein2957
Level 2
Hi David

It must have been the modem. I bought a new one and configured it. Internet is working again!

Thanks for your help. Feel free to close the ticket.