TPG Community

Get online support

SERVICE INTERRUPTION STATUS & REFUND REQUEST

GJ
Level 2
Level 2

We have been having constant interruption of our service apparently caused by the NBN for several weeks now. I have been in touch with customer service and tech support several times and passed across each departement to sort out a refund for the amount of service we've been without and the phone tethering required for access due to this with no resolve.

We are extremely frustrated that we cannot get an answer and have even been disconnected by TPG members / chats before speaking to anyone. I assume this is because it's being flooded with other customers with the same or similar issues in the area. 

I would like to get a status updates (outside of continuous txts throughout the day and minutes apart) to tell me it is:
1. down and being looked into 

2. fixed 

I would also like to understand what TPG is doing to credit customers for this massive inconvenience. 

Thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8
David_M

Hi @GJ 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @GJ 

Can you please Private Message(PM) me your Username/CID/Service address for the service you need help on so i can pull up your account.

How to PM.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @GJ 

There is an NBN outage on your service in your area, you can check it here.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

It is out of TPG's hands and your service will be restored once NBN have completed their works.

Regards,

David_M

GJ
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks David. This has been happening almost everyday for the last 3-4 weeks and we are aware it's NBN however we would like to know what is going on. why it keeps happening, what TPG/NBN is doing to credit customers for this massive inconvenience? Simply telling us it's happening is not acceptable as a solution for a service we're paying for and not getting the use of / having to pay for additional data to solve the problem. 

David_M

Hi @GJ 

I personally cant tell you anymore information then this, that's all we know.

They may be upgrading old cables, extensions, upgrades etc.....

We need a START date, and an END date, for any issue period before anything else can be looked into or determined.

Thanks,

GJ
Level 2
Level 2

Hi David, 

TPG is our supplier not NBN and we are not able to speak to them directly regarless. 

NBN is TPGs supplier.

As a TPG customer we would expect TPG to look into this and provide their customers information, timelines and solves if necessary.

Please let me know if there is someone else we can speak to at TPG. 

We have made several attempts to get any understanding of what is happening and at this stage if we cannot get more than "it is what it is" we will be speaking with the Telecom Ombudsman to investigate. 

GJ
Level 2
Level 2

Hi David, 

We woke up this morning and the internet was working, we also at the same time received a message from TPG saying the issue is resolved @ 7:35am. 10-20 minutes later the internet is out again. This is what we are dealing with on an almost daily basis multiple times a day. 

Can you please let me know if you are looking into this or escalating it, as I've not heard a response to my last message?

thank you. 

KarlB

Hi @GJ 

I can see that you have already spoken to our Helpdesk today, and they have advised there is an ongoing outage. From what I can see there is an NBN tech due to investigate the outage later on today. Our Helpdesk will be in contact once they have any further update.

Regards,

Karl