SMTP AUTH Email Issue

peteraroney
Level 3

Please help - Over recent months I keep having issues with sending emails due to SMPT AUTH issues.

I have tried resetting my password, but it does not seem to make any difference.

I believe the issue may relate to the use of a VPN - as sometimes (not always) I can send emails if I turn off my VPN (which is not ideal).  I use Avast VPN.

If the VPN is the issue - who can help to fix this issue permanently? - would it be TPG or Avast or both.

If my email is on a blacklist, can you please remove it. My wife's email account (part of my account) is also having the same problem.

I have raised this issue before

Error message = 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User ????@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse.

I have raised this before - case details are - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Cannot-send-emails-from-Macbook-Outlook/m-p/10989... 

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @peteraroney

Since you are using a VPN, the server might have detected that you are using an IP address that is outside Australia.

This result in banning the account in order to prevent spammers, etc. in using our TPG mail service.

We'll request to lift the ban to your account to our Post masters. Shoot me a PM with your TPG username and email account.