TPG Community

Get online support

Sagecom "Fast" 5866T Firmware Update/Replacement

sagecomenemyno1
Level 2

Hi,

I would like to please request a firmware update and/or replacement for my Sagecom Fast 5866T modem. This is the second modem I have received of the same model with the exact same firmware and issue. Both models had clearly been repacked, returned, and sent out again as they were dirty and cables where not consistently tied.

The main issue is that the internet download speed is incredibly slow at around 5-10 Mbps (that's bits, not bytes), whilst the internet upload speed is relatively normal at 10-20 Mbps.

Furthermore, my original modem and replacement have had the same issue of an incorrectly reported -117 dB RSSI, -32768 RSRP and -32768 RSRQ. These figures were somehow identical on both modems. I live in a highly urbanised area with multiple 5G antennas within a 5km radius, and receive full strength 5G on my mobile phone. 

As the firmware is the same on both (SGJy100058 as pictured below) I'm willing to hedge a bet that it's either dodgy firmware, or a dodgy modem altogether that is causing these incorrectly reported figures and slow internet speeds. In the interest of the environment, I'm happy to give a firmware update a go if possible, but would much rather have a replacement Nokia Fastmile 3.2 instead. 

As I see a few people have had similar issues, might I suggest making the firmware update publicly available? Thanks for your support and understanding. 

P.S.

To save time, yes I have tried a power cycle, holding the reset switch, moving the modem to a different location (outdoors), using a hardwired connection, and using a different device. 

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @sagecomenemyno1 

We're keen to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Please send us a private message with your account details as sharing any account or personal information on a public thread may compromise your security.

BasilDV

albe2689
Level 2

I have exactly the same problem after having tried 2 different modems. Can I please have some assistance? Thank you

BasilDV

Hi @albe2689 

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see how can we help.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

lilyliu16
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV ,

I'm having the same issue. Tried to send you a direct message but I couldn't find the "Send a message" button as per the guide.

Please help