TPG Community

Get online support

Salesforce Not Working - only on TPG

Highlighted
Level 1

Hello,

 

Today, I cannot log in to login.salesforce.com

 

However, I can access any other site.

 

If I switch from my Wi Fi to my mobile's data, I can log in. I don't believe this is an issue with Salesforce as my colleague who is working in another suburb (we're both in VIC) who is also with TPG is having the same issue.

 

We get to the login screen and type in our details but the browser says the site cannot be reached.

 

If I switch to mobile data and login, then switch back to TPG wifi, we get a popup from Salesforce saying that we are not connected to the internet.

 

Can you please look in to see if TPG are blocking Salesforce's IP addresses for some reason?

 

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Moderator

Hi @andycamino ,

 

Welcome to the community!

 

What troubleshooting have you done so far? We're able to locate your account using your community details and ran an initial test to the service. Test result shows no line fault with a passing speed we also noticed that your service has been connected for 4weeks 8h 34m 

We refresh the connection in our network, please try to re-access the website. If it is still the same, please run a tracert and ping the website. Feel free to post the test result on this thread.

 

Cheers!

Highlighted
Moderator

Hi @andycamino,

 

Are you currently using a specific DNS server? or using the default / TPG DNS?

 

You may also push the modem/router DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and reboot the connection.

 

Let us know how it will go.

 

Cheers!

Highlighted
Level 2

I am experiencing the same issue. I can connect to the Salesforce servers via my mobile or by connecting to my work VPN, but using my home TPG connection I get the same error for multiple SF servers. I have tried using different PCs and even the same mobile (via wifi) but it fails. A workmate has also experienced the same issue - he is using iinet as his ISP.

Edit: a tracert just gives the message "Unable to resolve target system name <servername>".

 

Edit 2: changing the DNS server on the machine to 8.8.8.8 makes everything work properly. Without that setting it gets the DNS from the router, which is set to "203.12.160.35 203.12.160.36"

Highlighted
Moderator

Hi @leighnus,

 

Welcome to the community

 

Please try to do the following.


Push the modem/router DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and reboot the connection.

 

Let us know how it will go.

Highlighted
Level 2

As I wrote above, I set the DNS on my local PC to 8.8.8.8 and it worked.

But I followed your instructions and set them on the router instead, and that works too.

The problem is clearly when the router and PC are auto-obtaining TPG DNS addresses.

Highlighted
Moderator

Thanks for the confirmation @leighnus.

 

Can you also try to push the modem/router using TPG's DNS server

 

See details below:

 

Primary DNS: 203.12.160.35
Secondary DNS: 203.12.160.36

 

 

Let us see how it will go cheers!

Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks @Shane. Please see my first post, edit 2 - these were the addresses the router had already picked up by auto obtaining. But I manually entered them into the router to be certain - still not working sorry.

Highlighted
Moderator

Hi @leighnus,

 

Thanks for the confirmation. We recommend to use the google DNS for now and we will raise this to our system admin for further investigation.

 

We'll provide an update on this thread when it's available.

 

Let me know should you require further assistance.

 

Cheers!

Highlighted
Level 2

I have a number of workarounds to use for now, but ideally it should just work. I look forward to seeing the solution. Thanks @Shane!