TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ Speeds

spickydeee
Level 2

Hi there,

Have been experiencing slow speeds for the past couple of months, maxing out at barely 2.1mb d/s (direct ADSL line into router and ethernet to pc and even less over wifi).

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/aa28fe40-ccaa-11e8-be78-a555e5ca1cd5

Many thanks

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
buzza24
Level 2

There can be a lot that can effect your ADSL speeds.

Cabling, router, street cabling age, distance from your exchange.

Some areas from my experience will be more effected after heavy rain and will need a engineer to clean out the pits and repair joins to restore any type of quality.

Use this site to see how far you are from your nearest exchange and gauge your internet quality.

https://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/

spickydeee
Level 2
Am 1.4km from the closest exchange and 2.1km from the 2nd closest.

Was getting 9-11mbps up until a few months ago.

Cheers
BasilDV

Hi @spickydeee,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and have run some remote test. I was not able to detect any evident fault on the copper line, but I can see that the sync speed of your modem is really slow compared to what you should get.

I will arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further using the contact details on the account.

If you have any preferred time and best number to be contacted, please shoot me a PM with the details.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @spickydeee,

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and the case was escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation. Since there's a possible fault on the copper network, they are going to request for a Telstra technician to look into it and resolve the issue.

Our Engineering team will be in touch within 24 to 48 hours once an update is available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV