TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ speeds

Dreamsandshadow
Level 2
Over the past 6 months I have experienced incredibly slow internet speeds (I'm talking on average 3mbps). The highest speed I have ever achieved is 5.1 mbps and more often than not the speed is 1 mbps. I've brought this to the attention of TPG before and received no help whatsoever (apparantly this speed is acceptable). I only use Wi-Fi as all my devices are Wi-Fi only, however have tried multiple routers and had no improvement. Also note that I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment so distance from a router shouldn't be an issue, and only 2 people use the connection at one time.

Can anyone please help in achieving an actually acceptable speed, because this is absolutely ridiculous. I'm currently posting this using my own 4g mobile connection because the Wi-Fi is so slow it cant even connect.
9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @Dreamsandshadow,

Welcome to the community!

Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable. We made an article that will help you on How to Improve your Wireless Connection you can visit this link.

Tell me how it will go.

Cheers!

Dreamsandshadow
Level 2
Hi Shane,

Thanks for the response. I have already seen that article and attempted all suggestions but unfortunately it made no difference at all to my speeds. As mentioned, the area is small, there are few users, I've tried multiple routers and changed the channel settings multiple times. The router is out in the open with nothing blocking it's way.
I've also experienced drop out of connection for the last 4 days.
Shane

Thanks for the additional details, @Dreamsandshadow.

I tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately no match.

I'd like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID) and I'll run tests on your connection.

In case you need a reference: How to send a PM.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Dreamsandshadow,

Thanks for sending me your details.

I was able to run an initial test on your service and it shows connected for 1d 23h 14m and getting a passing speed on the line. I refresh your connection to our network, please run another speed test and post the test result on this thread.

I'd like to set your expectation that, If the test result will be the same I will need to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation, feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

Dreamsandshadow
Level 2
Hi Shane,

Here's the speed test I just performed: http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/f25a8630-cc7c-11e8-a9a8-2194e1c95a12
Shane

Hi @Dreamsandshadow,

Thanks for posting the test result and sending me your details.

I will arrange a call from one of our Technicians tomorrow between 8-8:30AM WA time.

Tell me how it will go, talk to you tomorrow.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Dreamsandshadow,

One of our Technicians tried to call you unfortunately no avail. Let me know if you have different contact time, and I will have it rescheduled.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Dreamsandshadow,

Thanks for sending me a message. I will request our Technicians to call you again today between 5-6PM WA time.

Please make sure to keep your phones available, tell me how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Dreamsandshadow,

One of our Technicians tried to call you but no avail.

Let me know your best contact time tomorrow.

Cheers!