Slow ADSL2+ speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
lucifer12
Level 3

Hello,

Over the last few weeks I have been experiencing much slower than usual connection speeds with my ADSL2+ internet. Using the custom speed test on the TPG support site shows 1.1mbps download and 0.5 mbps upload. These speeds are significantly lower than what they used to be. I've tried power cycling the modem with no difference in speed.

Speed test results:http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/045a50d0-65f9-11e8-9856-ab934539bfd2

TPG cluster id : *****

Please advise me.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Hyoun

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Erika

Hi @lucifer12

Thanks for sending your details via PM. 

I've arranged a call from one of our technicians today between 7:00pm - 8:00pm.

We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue. If this time is not suitable, please let us know and we'll have this rearrange for you.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

View solution in original post

Shane

Hi @lucifer12,

I can see that you have been in touch with one of our Engineers and provided updates and resolution on your reported connection issue.

Let us know should you require further assistance. Smiley Happy

Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lucifer12
Level 3

I just tried using another router with wired connection but the speed test result looked not much different,

New speed test with a different modem + wired connection : http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/79c2d080-65fa-11e8-9c1f-17ea635f1d99

Please let me know any advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hyoun

Erika

Hi @lucifer12

Welcome to TPG Community! 

I've edited your post for security purposes. Please avoid the posting of personal details on the public page e.g. customer ID, telephone numbers and similar pieces of information as they may compromise your account security. 

I just ran a remote line test and this shows no physical issue on the line.

I do still recommend that we have one of our technicians give you a call to resolve your issue as your service may be affected by other factors.

Please let us know your best time and contact number via PM so I can get a technician to call you.

For your reference, please check this link on how to send a PM. 

Cheers, 

Erika

Hi @lucifer12

I'd like to make a follow up regarding the case that you've raised previously. Once you're available, please let us know your best contact time and number so that we can arrange the call. 

Cheers, 

Erika

Hi @lucifer12

Thanks for sending your details via PM. 

I've arranged a call from one of our technicians today between 7:00pm - 8:00pm.

We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue. If this time is not suitable, please let us know and we'll have this rearrange for you.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Shane

Hi @lucifer12,

I can see that you have been in touch with one of our Engineers and provided updates and resolution on your reported connection issue.

Let us know should you require further assistance. Smiley Happy

Cheers!

lucifer12
Level 3

Hello Shane,

Please close the ticket.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Shane

Thanks @lucifer12,

You're welcome!  I'll take it from here. Have a lovely day. Smiley Happy

Cheers!