TPG Community

Get online support

Slow Download + Multi Disconnects per day

SOLVED Go to solution
markberk1
Level 5

I have been here before with similar problems but recently it has been worse.

After recent NBN work outside my home, about two weeks ago, my DL speed has dropped to around 10Mbps while my Up speed is around twice that. Something wrong there, as my DL speed should be (and was) around 40Mbps.

At the same time my usual disconnects doubled in the evening making my connection almost useless.

(I consistently get 30Mbps from my neighbours wifi about 20 metres away, and no disconnects. He's also with TPG.)

Can you do something about this please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
sajalm

Hi @markberk1 ,

Sorry for late reply , it is good that your service is working fine. Any issue pls message us.

Regards,

Sajal

View solution in original post

markberk1
Level 5

Thanks again @sajalm 

Connection and speed have been good for a day now, so signing off here.

All the best.  M

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
sajalm

Hi @markberk1 ,

Thanks for your patience, I have fowarded your issue to relevant department.

Regards,

Sajal

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @sajalm 

Any response yet?

sajalm

Hi Mark,

I  had reported you issue last time and  I will  again fowarded your issue , I am really sorry for your inconvenience.

Regards,

Sajal

markberk1
Level 5

Hi Sajal.

I got two missed calls from TPG tonight but didn't hear the phone ringing and I don't hear well enough for the phone anyway. I txt'd them back to tell them so.

The problem from my end is as stated in OP. Download speed has been slowed to 10Mbps for the last two weeks, since NBN worked in the pit outside my house. It is the same on 3 computers in the house, and I've restarted and reset the modem numerous times. I have also cleaned the connectors to and from the modem and DL speed and dropouts remain as before. There is nothing else I can do from here.

I have said it before, one older NBN or Telstra tech (Trevor, I think) told me long ago the copper somewhere on my line needs replacing.

There is a history of issues with my connection and the problem is back again only worse, both DL speed has slowed and the number of daily dropouts has risen. Dropouts never went away but I could tolerate, I can't tolerate more dropout and slowed connection.

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @sajalm Sajal

I have had no response since I txt'd back so don't know what's going on.

I have told them (tech?) I can't hear well enough on the phone.

Let me recap; My connection is dropping out more than usual for a couple weeks now, so it is unusable at nights. It is also slowed to around 10Mbps, consistently, as if it's been deliberately slowed. (Strangely, upload speed is consistently around 20Mbps.) This has been tested on 3 computers. Has my download speed been capped for some reason?

I have reset and restarted the modem multiple times and cleaned all the connections to no effect. The problem remains the same.

What can you do about it Sajal?

sajalm

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

In our system, I can see they were trying to contact you for tech visit but unreachable, I will again forward this to our team.

Regards,

Sajal

markberk1
Level 5

No problem @sajalm 

Tech is coming tomorrow. Will update here what eventuates.

sajalm

Hi Mark,

Thank you , Hope all will be good after Tech visit.

Regards,

Sajal

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @sajalm 

NBN tech has been and says line is good but couldn't understand why I'm only getting 11Mbps download and 20Mbps upload.He said there is a problem in TPG sowtware, maybe a stabiliser that was added because of dropouts and forgotten so it is still slowing me down.

Image of NBN techs reading attached.

I have emailed TPG tech.