TPG Community

Get online support

Slow Internet/Constant dropouts

ptiberi
Level 2

Hi,

For over a week now, we have been experiencing a really slow internet connection, with constant drop outs (I had two dropouts just registering for this forum)!!!

Could someone help troubleshoot what the issue might be, or see if there are issues with the line?

cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @ptiberi,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and ran initial test. The result shows multiple dropouts and a line fault causing the internet to run slow.

However, for a standalone ADSL2+ service we need to confirm if you're having difficulty using your home phone service as it will affect your internet service with TPG.

If you're having static, noise or no dial tone on your home phone, I recommend to raise this with the Home phone provider for further investigation.

I will wait for your response. Cheers!

ptiberi
Level 2

Thanks Shane.

We don't keep our home phone connected, as the only people that call it are telemarketers.  Having said that, I did make a test call, and there was static at our end.

cheers

Paul

Shane

Thanks for the confirmation, @ptiberi. I recommend to contact Telstra to check the home phone line as it affects the performance of your TPG standalone ADSL service.

Regards,